Guest Howaythetoon

Can we ban the word equipment man? It’s fucking socks FFS :lol:

Shoes.

Just shoes you what I know then :lol:

Can we ban the word equipment man? It’s f***ing socks FFS :lol:

Shoes.

Boots.

Cleats.

Would be very impressed if someone has a logo on the studs of their boots tbh.

you represent Switzerland or Kosovo, not both, choose between one or the other or fuck off.

Clearly Shaqiri and Xhaka don't agree with you. They represent Switzerland, who took them in as refugees in a time of desperate need. They also choose to memorialise the country of their birth in a small but obvious manner. Yeah, it's grandstanding, but so was the Black Power salute at the Olympics, and we remember that differently now (Yes, I know the analogy only goes so far). Grandstanding isn't always a bad thing.

It's only a problem because Serbia doesn't recognise Kosovo (despite FIFA doing so). If Imbrahimovic had a Bosnian flag on his boot while playing for Sweden I don't think anyone would care, and he might even get kudos if he made a Zlatan-style speech about it. We live in a multicultural world, where people move around like no other time in human history.

Maybe it should be enforced so that people know where secondary allegiances lie. Jack Charlton's Ireland team would be a sea of St George's Crosses. Which part of the French Empire did their stars hail from - just look at their boots...?