Alassane Pléa

Disco

Newcastle United’s offer for Alassane Pléa is believed to be around £20million - close to the same offer as Borussia Mönchengladbach.

The Bundesliga club are understood to have left the room in the negotiations for now and have also refused to increase their offer for the Nice striker.

The fact that Lyon want 20% of any future fee for Plea has resulted in Nice hiking up their asking price to the £27million mark.

Fulham and West Ham United have also been linked with Plea but now sources in France are suggesting that Seville and Valencia are keen on his services.

Newcastle have explored the possibility of signing both Plea and Salomón Rondón of West Bromwich Albion this week with Benitez eager to get a striker through the door in time for United’s pre-season friendlies.

Info:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alassane-plea/profil/spieler/167329

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/108585/Show/Alassane-Plea

Guest Howaythetoon

OK then for anyone who has seen him, what type of striker is he? I’m not overly concerned with someone being capable of 20 goals a season because we couldn’t afford such a player and for me it’s more important how any new signings fits the mould RE Rafa’s system, tactics and how he wants us to play.

Oooh, a thread.

I want this guy, a signing that'll get you excited about watching play is what transfer windows should be about. Hope to God we're serious and Nice accept an offer soon. Much rather have Pléa than Rondon; although both would be good. As long as we get the Frenchman.

OK then for anyone who has seen him, what type of striker is he? I’m not overly concerned with someone being capable of 20 goals a season because we couldn’t afford such a player and for me it’s more important how any new signings fits the mould RE Rafa’s system, tactics and how he wants us to play.

I think an okay comparison would be Gayle pre-hamstring injury for us. Similar good movement which I'm sure is what has caught Rafa's eye.

I think an okay comparison would be Gayle pre-hamstring injury for us. Similar good movement which I'm sure is what has caught Rafa's eye.

Much better footballer than Gayle, and able to run at defenders in a way Gayle isn't imo. Can play wide as well

Yeah obviously, just trying to think of a comparison that wouldn't get overly laughed at. :lol: An inferior version of Lacazette was another.

Much better footballer than Gayle, and able to run at defenders in a way Gayle isn't imo. Can play wide as well

Yeah obviously, just trying to think of a comparison that wouldn't get overly laughed at. :lol: An inferior version of Lacazette was another.

:thup: sorry if that came off as dickish, it wasn't meant to. Agree on the movement, Rafa will be all over it.  I honestly didnt see him as a natural goalscorer but he's obviously improved on that

Nah man no need to apologise, didn't appear dickish at all. :thup:

Scored 21 in all comps, 4 of those in 1 game away from home against Guingamp I think. I've seen the highlights of that game and the finishes are great.

If it's true that Borussia Monchengladbach walked away from increasing their £20m bid I'd say that would make Nice re-think, possibly accepting around 21/22m?

If Mitro goes for circa £20m it's job done really.

If it's true that Borussia Monchengladbach walked away from increasing their £20m bid I'd say that would make Nice re-think, possibly accepting around 21/22m?

If Mitro goes for circa £20m it's job done really.

According to reports aye Mönchengladbach have walked away. Reason they're wanting circa £27m (or €, not entirely sure) is because of a 20% sell on clause to Lyon in his contract.

If the Mitro deal is already done in principle which reports are saying it is we should just stick whatever Nice want for him on the table and get it done which should be easy as the guy wants to play for us apparently. But we're a set of weird tight bastards.