The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

fHISexc.jpg

Griezmann wearing a shirt with 2 stars on which they obviously had made before they won it.  Arrogant French underestimating Croatia!!

Looks like a half moon.

Guest firetotheworks

I won mine at work but grossly miscalculated the winnings. It turns out it was £1 per team, not £2, there were 2 teams unallocated, and there's a £5 for second and for last. So the £64 I thought I'd won is actually £20 [emoji38] and I spent a fiver trying to get a decent team in the first place. Still happy like, I never win these things.

Guest firetotheworks

I know it was slim pickings for a choice at LB, but Ashley Young wasn't even anywhere near being one of England's better players. In fact he was arguably the player that most England fans wanted to have replaced. Lovren, Paulinho, and Neymar as well. [emoji38] Fucking hell, proper joke.

Guest firetotheworks

Other than the CB's, in which I'd have Varane & Umtiti, I thought the Guardian's was spot on - subs as well.

vALURWo.png

Not a single England player in there is daft like. I could understand if Meunier snuck in ahead of Trippier, but that Croatian rat at RB shouldn't be ahead of either. Him and Vida are in there because they made the final and nothing more imo, two of Varane and Godin or Umtiti is the only acceptable pairing really.

I would have Mario Fernandes at right back and Cherysev as the #10 ahead of Greizmann, who I thought was one of the bigger underperformers for France, tbh.

Subasic is the easy pick for best keeper, as he won two shootouts, but I don't recall a single great save he made all tournament.

I would have Mario Fernandes at right back and Cherysev as the #10 ahead of Greizmann, who I thought was one of the bigger underperformers for France, tbh.

Subasic is the easy pick for best keeper, as he won two shootouts, but I don't recall a single great save he made all tournament.

Subasic might as well have taken his crutches onto the field with him in the final. Not testing him more from distance was a big mistake by England.

Not a single England player in there is daft like. I could understand if Meunier snuck in ahead of Trippier, but that Croatian rat at RB shouldn't be ahead of either. Him and Vida are in there because they made the final and nothing more imo, two of Varane and Godin or Umtiti is the only acceptable pairing really.

Vrsaljko had a great tournament, better than Trippier in open play. More than an acceptable pick at RB.

Agree with CBs.

Vrsaljko had a great tournament, better than Trippier in open play. More than an acceptable pick at RB.

Agree with CBs.

CBs have to be Silva and Godin. Both were freaking excellent all tournament. The French and Croatian CBs did well due to the collective but were nowhere near as dominant as the other two individually. They're also the only two I'd have in the team who didn't make the semi-finals.

L'Equipe's team seems fair enough to me. Godin and maybe Kante a bit unlucky. Also love how l'Equipe start with 5 as an average rating and work from there rather than average being 7 like most papers401e77862162546f191d9b4d78940da6.jpg