Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

14 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

His wage is irrelevant tbh.

Also, if you read The Athletic article from this morning, you'll see he's probably vastly underpaid compared to where his salary would be elsewhere tbh. Not that it matters for the purposes of this.

He'd played very very well under Rafa. I have no doubt with some good injury management, rehab and proper coaching he'll get there again.

Hope he goes on to be a great big success elsewhere and everytime he has success he blows his cheeks out and mimics that fucking useless fat heffer in our dugout.

I did think this as well until recently, but when he's played over the last year or so he always looks off the pace. No doubt having a good coach would help, but he's not even getting the basics right, like controlling the ball under pressure and passing it successfully. 

FWIW, I do hope he goes to Everton and is reborn under Rafa. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Bruce being made to look even more stupid, but I still think he needs to have shown a lot more than he has. 

To think Ashley could've got tens of millions for this guy had he been nurtured properly. Instead he'll go for either ~£10millon now (which seems incredibly unlikely), or half of that in January, or nowt next summer. You can apply that to the likes of his brother, Hayden, Lascelles, Schar, and Lejeune as well. There was potentially big returns in those assets before we changed manager. 

He might love Bruce for doing a beautiful job of being the lightning rod whilst keeping us in the division, but he must be thick as fuck for not realising that - by putting him in charge of football operations - he's waving goodbye to the obscene fee recuperations we got for Perez and Sissoko, and to a lesser extent Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Cabaye.

Almiron, Joelinton and ASM won't return anywhere near their ~£80m outlay for starters. One's progress has been horribly stilted by the manager not knowing how to use him; one was shite to begin with; and the other has timebombs for hamstrings on account of being utterly depended on by said clueless manager. As for the other investments: Lewis is shite, Krafth is shite, Wilson too old and injury prone to turn a profit. Meanwhile Fraser hasn't worked out and Hendrick is terrible. Willock's the unknown quantity but would anyone really rule out him going to shit, or even staying fit, given how much he's inevitably going to be relied upon? 

Their transfer policy has completely gone to the dogs since 2019 tbh. And I'm just talking financially here, don't get me started on the (talented-but-flawed) mess of an actual football team we have. Krafth at CB and Murphy at full-back ffs. :lol:

If you were to pick up a League 1 midfielder in his late 20s and drop him into a PL game at the first time of asking, that would be akin to the similar type of performances that this guy is consistently serving up.

He's just a nothing player these days.

Really reminded me of Colback yesterday.  He was just wandering around a small area of the midfield, passing either backwards or sideways, not showing for a pass and spending a large amount of the game with his arms outstretched appealing for god knows what.

Again if you guys read the athletic article it talks about how he’s not been able to turn or release the ball as fast as he did pre injury. He was able to do a split squat for 2+ years. His injury has impacted him, and he’s not a player who seemingly can rise above the coaching and play his game. I’m sure the contract issues also are impacting his head, etc. 

id rather we retained our local talent via a contract extension and loan out or even better, sacking the shite manager but alas that’s not happening. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Again if you guys read the athletic article it talks about how he’s not been able to turn or release the ball as fast as he did pre injury. He was able to do a split squat for 2+ years. His injury has impacted him, and he’s not a player who seemingly can rise above the coaching and play his game. I’m sure the contract issues also are impacting his head, etc. 

id rather we retained our local talent via a contract extension and loan out or even better, sacking the shite manager but alas that’s not happening. 

Was it the injury or the lack of investment in our staff resource which actually impacted his level of rehab which has impaired his ability to do what he did prior? This is MA's club.

2 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Was it the injury or the lack of investment in our staff resource which actually impacted his level of rehab which has impaired his ability to do what he did prior? This is MA's club.

I am sure it’s a bit of both mate. 

8 hours ago, GWN said:

He really looked shit when he came on 

£10 million? Yes please 

If rumours are true and Rafa wants him, safe to say he isn't shit despite how he currently looks. Everyone else under Bruce looks shit.

In an ideal world we need to see him play for another better manager like Rafa, where he looked very good. There's a decent player there in Sean imo, but where we are as a club under Ashley, everything is shit.

Edited by Bimpy474

It's a calculated risk for Rafa. It will end up being an undisclosed fee likely less than 10m. 

Either Rafa turns around a player that knows him and he knows well or he is too far gone from Bruce and they shift him back out for a few million loss. The potential reward is far greater than the risk. 

• 1 month later...

Rafa still wants him:

Summer interest in Newcastle United's Sean Longstaff has not gone away and Everton believe he will be available for a cut-price deal in the January window, as he nears the final six months of his contract at St James' Park.

The idea of swapping Longstaff for Davies, who remains under contract until the summer of 2023, was proposed but the midfielder was not keen on leaving Goodison and the club believed he held greater market value than Longstaff.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-rodriguez-transfer-everton-january-21648039

bruce saying his future has nothing to do with him, and it lies in the hands of those upstairs.

useless cunt (bruce that is). if he likes longstaff, has a clear role for him then he should be making sure he is offered a new contract.

there's definitl;ey an agenda against the longstaffs. whether either of them are premier league standard can be debated but i dont think they've been treated well.

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

bruce saying his future has nothing to do with him, and it lies in the hands of those upstairs.

useless cunt (bruce that is). if he likes longstaff, has a clear role for him then he should be making sure he is offered a new contract.

there's definitl;ey an agenda against the longstaffs. whether either of them are premier league standard can be debated but i dont think they've been treated well.

He probably thinks they are the moles, mind he might be right if he did.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

Spineless cunt won’t even fight to hang onto his players.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Beth said:

Looking at the "highlights" from yesterdays game, he's the king of making tackles from behind about two seconds after the opponent has gone.

I’ve noticed a few times he is absolutely hopeless at the cynical hack. It’s like he’s too nice, can’t even trip a man properly 

On 03/10/2021 at 14:48, Ashley17 said:

I’ve noticed a few times he is absolutely hopeless at the cynical hack. It’s like he’s too nice, can’t even trip a man properly 

He's just too slow. He can probably get up to a decent gallop once he gets in his stride, but takes a second or two to get up and running. 

Not surprised to see two Everton CMs at the top of the leaderboard. You could always see that very visibly with us; Diame and Shelvey or Hayden and Ki - or whoever it was - would take turns to come out and hold, then switch and the other comes out while the other holds, a bit like watching doubles partners in tennis. 

5 hours ago, St1pe said:

Thought this was pretty interesting given how some have been rating his effort levels. I can’t really comment as I’ve barely watched anything more than the Sky highlights. 

That screenshot brings back fond memories of the league tables you used to get from Shoot (or Match)

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to dig folk out but I watched this lad closely yesterday.

Utter dog shite , hardly wanted to tackle , happy to run up to players and then do nothing . 

Offered zero , as many did , however Sean caught my eye all game for his pointless efforts . Needs to be nowhere near the squad unless the “old “ Sean comes back. This version is horrific.