Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He is more effective as the game goes on. Other players tire but he seems to just maintain his intensity. 
He’s probably the kind of player that sucks the life out of the opposition as well. Constantly harrying. 

Has showed some remarkable levels of workrate and fitness of late, and his anticipation is good, too. His application is a little bit lacking,though, be it a loose pass, scrappy finishing or dawdling on the ball. I'd keep him around,he'd be decent back up and seems a top lad

46 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He actually played well, but chances like the ones he had tonight are the difference between a 10 and a 6 performance. 

Being positive about it, he's getting into the right positions. If he can finish his chances it changes everything 

He’s our Darwin Nunez, only a matter of time before Carragher calls him ‘captain chaos’

When we sent him on his first loan (i think it was to Blackpool) he was smashing goals in from everywhere, he has it in him to score more goals and he's getting in the positions to do so, perhaps if he can get himself one it will help his confidence, aside from that you can't fault his work rate and desire in every game this season.

Works very hard but too slow in his actions imo and not very good technically. Love him to bits but he's our weakest link now and hopefully we can get a CM in this window. Nice option to have in the squad.

Some might say it sounds harsh, and probably does. It's what it is imo. As said, like him.

Edited by Ikon

22 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Works very hard but too slow in his actions imo and not very good technically. Love him to bits but he's our weakest link now and hopefully we can get a CM in this window. Nice option to have in the squad.

Some might say it sounds harsh, and probably does. It's what it is imo. As said, like him.

A player like Tielemans would slot in perfectly into our midfield. Would take us up another level. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

A player like Tielemans would slot in perfectly into our midfield. Would take us up another level. 

I just don't get this. Tielemans has looked terrible recently. Surely we'd be better off playing bruno/joe/joe in the midfield and bringing ASM back if we want attacking threat at the cost of a player who won't press effectively or bring structure?

2 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

I just don't get this. Tielemans has looked terrible recently. Surely we'd be better off playing bruno/joe/joe in the midfield and bringing ASM back if we want attacking threat at the cost of a player who won't press effectively or bring structure?

I guess the point I’m making is brining another quality midfielder in would take us up another level. Someone with Tielemans ability even if he hasn’t been bang on recently. I think Bruno, Joelinton, Willock in midfield with ASM or Isak left wing forward is our best line up fwiw. That was basically our lineup v City.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Tielemans was awful last night and has been poor for a while. there was one instance where he was dispossesed in his own half and made no effort to keep up with our player. I don´t like his lack of spirit/fight, he has plenty technical ability but seems a bit unreliable defensively. No upgrade on our midfielders tbh.

If we get a player it should be a real challenger for a starting place, just don´t think tielemans could "work" his way into Eddie´s set up.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I can’t imagine Tielemans grafting like SL. I know he’d bring all sorts,of,other qualities but the legwork SL is putting in is really impressive.

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Not sure I agree. He's a different profile of midfielder almost entirely.

He doesn't have the work rate or stamina of SL. Certainly not for 90 minutes.

The team is so good at the moment. In midfield, I would prefer a like-for-like replacement - just better/more quality. Someone who is a strong runner, presses all day.. but ideally faster and technically superior. That's a rare midfielder. You could lose a little physically if the technique/passing was up there like Bruno but again... a rare player.

55 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The team is so good at the moment. In midfield, I would prefer a like-for-like replacement - just better/more quality. Someone who is a strong runner, presses all day.. but ideally faster and technically superior. That's a rare midfielder. You could lose a little physically if the technique/passing was up there like Bruno but again... a rare player.

Fair enough, good points 👍 Be interesting to see who we goer. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't think you've ever watched Tielemans properly based on that. His workrate is superb. He's basically much better than Longstaff at everything.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I don't think you've ever watched Tielemans properly based on that. His workrate is superb. He's basically much better than Longstaff at everything.

Both equally slow but Tielemans has significantly worse stamina / running power.

Tielemans has ben turned and outrun so many times by central midfielders that it's become a running joke and arguably overplayed. But there is no way Tielemans could get through the running and cover the ground that Longstaff does. Not even close.