Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just like Schar, was identified and playing well under Rafa and a 40m fee was quoted for him. Crashed under the disaster of Steve Bruce and almost left the club on a free. Revitalized under the better coaching of Eddie Howe.

I thought he was really good and much better on the ball than usual.

I felt at times he wanted an extra touch and looked at the pass between the lines or the diagonal. But chose not to play it.

Not even that mad, as he probably thought it better to retain possession than risk it. Plus I’m probably just being harsh. As we’re used to seeing Bruno in those positions and he’d attempt and probably complete the pass. 

• 3 weeks later...

id love this lad to have the game of his life on sunday

all that talk in the past about him going to man u, then his career collapsing under pie face and now to where he is at the moment as an integral part of this team and club

Gan on lobby lad

Edited by Cookie1892

2 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Only 25. Personally, I would love him to be a one club player and retire here. Can only see him getting better with good management. 

I'd love that also, feel it's important to have a local lad or two around the first team. Gives youngsters a real life example of what they could achieve, and they can show/explain the passion to the other lads.

10 hours ago, Weezertron said:

Only 25. Personally, I would love him to be a one club player and retire here. Can only see him getting better with good management. 

He has a lot more value to us than he would have for any other club, I do think we're going to let him go at all. 

13 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He's let the occasion get to him, i was feeling sick just thinking about the game in the last few days so imagine what a local lad his age must've been thinking, hopefully he will continue to be a squad player and gets to lift something for us.

Bollocks did he let the occasion get to him. He was up against Casemiro, Fernandes and a lad who starts ahead of Bruno for Brazil. He did fine.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will hopefully become our McTominay. One for the home grown quota, that you'd be able to trust starting in the early rounds of the cups and Europa League, can come on to see out matches.

I think you've damned him with faint praise there. 

Hopefully he'll continue to grow and maintain his first team position.