Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

11 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think you've damned him with faint praise there. 

Hopefully he'll continue to grow and maintain his first team position.

He has too many limitations to be a regular starter for a club with champions league ambition. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Love this lad. He offers so much off the ball and is okay with it. He'll probably play less in the coming years, but I wouldn't hesitate to offer him a new 5-year deal tomorrow.

Signed a new deal in the summer.

He's cut out his mistakes, which was massive.

Surprised people are lauding the performance, I saw him do his usual good defensive work but my main memory of him from the game was him sticking a leg out late and setting up an attack for them on the halfway line 

44 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm blind when it comes to Longstaff like, he seemingly played alright but aside from his ball out to Miggy and a heavy touch that lead to Wolves attacking, it was like he wasn't even there.

Agreed. I like him but he felt like a weak link in the trio today, struggled to get into it for quite long stretches and seemed to get caught defensively too.

He's a weak link for me like, his touch isn't great, just don't think he's great at keeping possession under pressure. But he played a nice pass out for the winner so fair play.

I think one thing that adds to his value and gets overlooked is his consistency in fitness, he's played almost every minute of every game this season and hasn't slowed down at all. Even if he's not your best player, having someone who is useful and available for every single minute of the season is really valuable when you're setting your lineup each week.

Death, taxes, and Sean Longstaff busting balls for 90 minutes.

12 hours ago, Miercoles said:

I think one thing that adds to his value and gets overlooked is his consistency in fitness, he's played almost every minute of every game this season and hasn't slowed down at all. Even if he's not your best player, having someone who is useful and available for every single minute of the season is really valuable when you're setting your lineup each week.

Death, taxes, and Sean Longstaff busting balls for 90 minutes.

Aye.  And hasn’t collected a bunch of cards too.  

A little rest might do him good though.  Willock has looked better for it and I reckon Joe will too. 

Absolutely runs himself into the ground every single game for us

He'll get replaced eventually as sadly his quality isn't the greatest but can't knock his running every single match

• 3 weeks later...

Huge fan of his. Seems just a really likeable guy who is performing consistently well every game. Thought that ping was flying into the net where the owl sleeps

Edited by AJ9

I love his knack of ghosting into the box late and getting on the end of stuff, it's a really underappreciated skill.

I was going to say that particular trait is a bit like Kevin Nolan but then when you think of Sean's effort, athleticism, graft and yards covered compared to him it feels very insulting to say it :lol:

Would keep him no matter what comes in the future. Gives his everything of what he is capable of. A future rotational squad player.

The things that disturb me most is the chances he gets in to without taking them. Also sometimes very slowminded when it comes to when recieving the ball. Today for example he got the ball outside our penalty area. Majority of the man utd players were disoriented and behind him, perfect counter attack. Maxi and one other of ours on the left waving and totally ready to counter. Longstaff efforts the pass/longball but Maxi had to throw him self trying to catch it, ball went out and throw in for them. 

Situations like that are messing up the rythm and could end up costly.

For me personally Longstaff and Burn are the weak links in our squad.

Not saying they are bad bad players but for the next season we should upgrade them and use them as backup.

Edited by Killuminati

I don’t remember his chances being that easy today.

I’m going to always bang this drum, but I want him to be a part of our starting midfield for as long as he can be. He might have to go up a few more levels to keep his spot in the coming seasons but I reckon he can do it.

Every other thread I read supporters wanting him, Burn and Murphy upgraded. The three who support us. Bums me out 

My romanticism is gonna fuck me over.