Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He looked imperious yesterday.  Easier when your opponents are sitting off in a super low block, but even when things got combative, he just looked in control of the space around him.  Actual machine in the inside right space.

4 hours ago, David Edgar said:

He looked imperious yesterday.  Easier when your opponents are sitting off in a super low block, but even when things got combative, he just looked in control of the space around him.  Actual machine in the inside right space.

I actually thought he was a bit sloppy, but he did pop up in quite advanced positions so you can see he does a lot of box to box stuff which isn't always appreciated.

4 hours ago, David Edgar said:

My MOTM 

• 3 weeks later...

What an amazing lad, top bloke. That his happiest moments ever in a Newcastle shirt are when his brother scored against Man Utd and Burn got his goal against Leicester speaks volumes. 

You'll find plenty of posts of mine giving Longstaff a lot of grief. I'm delighted to say how wrong I was about him as a player. Always thought he was a great lad and so on, but I thought he dawdled on the ball too much, and didn't really offer anything. As soon as he was out of the team for a bit this season, we saw what happened. So pleased that he's become an integral part of the team, and that interview is so nice. Chuffed to bits for him.

12 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

You'll find plenty of posts of mine giving Longstaff a lot of grief. I'm delighted to say how wrong I was about him as a player. Always thought he was a great lad and so on, but I thought he dawdled on the ball too much, and didn't really offer anything. As soon as he was out of the team for a bit this season, we saw what happened. So pleased that he's become an integral part of the team, and that interview is so nice. Chuffed to bits for him.

Those were fair criticisms though, he wasn't very good. Luckily he's worked hard and he's better now. 

Heard from a mate who works in town as a DJ that he was banned from a number of bars/clubs a couple years back. Seemed out of character but makes alot more sense when you hear about his depression and struggles. Glad he's got through that patch in his life and proved a lot of people wrong including myself in being a key player in a top 4 side. 

9 hours ago, andyman said:

Great interview :aww: Had no clue he played with Ajer at Kilmarnock.

Cool! Ajer is actually from my hometown in Norway, he played for our local team (IK Start) as a youngster.

Edited by Erikse

On 08/06/2023 at 19:01, Jaqen said:

Heard from a mate who works in town as a DJ that he was banned from a number of bars/clubs a couple years back. Seemed out of character but makes alot more sense when you hear about his depression and struggles. Glad he's got through that patch in his life and proved a lot of people wrong including myself in being a key player in a top 4 side. 

seems so out of character

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Played against him a few years ago. Took my middle stump out haha. He's a very good cricketer.

Indeed, to be just rocking up at that level and playing you’d need to be. 

I’m actually playing at Tynemouth on Saturday (on the pitch behind the main Tynemouth CC one, cos we’re at a much lower level), and Tynemouth firsts are at home again, so if he’s playing I’ll try and watch for a bit.