Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Reluctant to get a shirt with his name on the back because of the inescapable double entendre wind ups I'd expect to receive.

Love how two footed the lad is, rare for a young player to be so comfortable with both feet has that Carrick type composure to go with it too.

Two foot Longstaff?

The Millers are descended from mill workers

The Smiths are descended from foundry workers

Interesting to see where The Longstaffs of the world find their origins.

Same with The Windasses.

Wizards and Farters you’d imagine.

Keep expecting him to come back down to earth solely because he's an academy kid of ours, but instead he's just getting better every game. Long may it continue, among all the terrible things about our club, would at least be nice to have an academy graduate starting at CM for the next few years.

He'll never be PL standard like. Should make a decent Football League career out of himself though.

I love reopening threads on Page one where people have been overly negative for no reason :lol:

Complete opposite of Jacob Murphy thread.  :lol:

Few articles coming out saying that Longstaff is more of a holding defensive midfielder, which I guess I never really noticed - citing his ability to read play, cover a ton of ground, break up attacks, and quickly move the ball forward short and far as his main strengths. So if that's the case, could you pair him with a more offensive CM then? a Ki or Shelvey? Or is Longstaff really more like them and he needs a destroyer next to him?

I think Longstaff and Shelvey with Shelvey the more attacking of the two could be an interesting partnership.

For me when everyone is fit and in terms of balance it should be Shelvey or Ki with a Diame or a Longstaff.

With the home games to Huddersfield and Burnley coming up we will need to look to create far more than we have the last 3 games. I’d like to see a passer like Ki or Shelvey come in for these Home games coming up where we will need to create more.

Hayden and Longstaff as a pair have been good for what the last 3 games required though.

I think Longstaff and Shelvey with Shelvey the more attacking of the two could be an interesting partnership.

For me when everyone is fit and in terms of balance it should be Shelvey or Ki with a Diame or a Longstaff.

With the home games to Huddersfield and Burnley coming up we will need to look to create far more than we have the last 3 games. I’d like to see a passer like Ki or Shelvey come in for these Home games coming up where we will need to create more.

Hayden and Longstaff as a pair have been good for what the last 3 games required though.

Huddersfield press so I’d like to see Longstaff and Ki play together but they won’t, he will stick with Hayden and Longstaff , he can’t afford slip ups, Rafa will grind this out.

Huddersfield press so I’d like to see Longstaff and Ki play together but they won’t, he will stick with Hayden and Longstaff , he can’t afford slip ups, Rafa will grind this out.

Aye I’d like to see Ki come in for Huddersfield and Burnley, he played a big role in the 2 home wins in a row against Bournemouth and Watford.

Having saw how the new man at Huddersfield approached the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal they are going to be very very open which should suit us. Arsenal played our 3-4-2-1 system against them too and did them a lot of damage down the sides with the wing backs and on the counter with quick transitions, so could be the absolute ideal match for Almiron to make his home debut too. Just glad we arn’t playing a Palace next who can actually defend I think Burnley will be the hard nut to crack.

Hoping to see Rafa go with Ki with Diame or Longstaff vs Huddersfield :thup:

More of a general point than anything else but I see Shelvey and Dummett getting closer to full fitness; Diame and Ki too. Perfect time to start getting everybody back with maximum competition for places from now until the season's end. Players rivaling one another for places has always had a very positive effect in Rafa's set-up; one of the benefits of his propensity to rotate: first teamers know their place isn't guaranteed.