Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

A distraction does not equate to looking like a completely different player to what he was previously, and not coming anywhere close to it even up till now.

I think it's very evident he's not sure of what he's doing out there anymore, and has been featuring in a team under Bruce that is dysfunctional in every area of the pitch.

No doubt a lot of it is down to Bruce and his poor management of him, but he honestly looks so poor physically now compared to those pre-injury clips - mainly in terms of his agility and ability to turn quickly. It definitely requires some hard work from the individual to get back to that sort of shape, but he's been nowhere near unfortunately.

Its been said before that the outfield players have all regressed.

The only players who have actually improved or are playing at a similar level are not coached by Bruce, ie, the keepers.

• 2 weeks later...

The treatment of this lad beggars belief, mentioned in the same breath as Declan Rice by pundits and now can’t even get off the bench. The manager is putting his own ego ahead of picking his best team and in turn jeopardising the clubs future. I put this lads demise firmly at the door of Bruce and his 2 fucking bum chums, to make him the scapegoat for Sheff Utd away is nothing short of a disgrace. Should be reinstated in place of Shelvey immediately, one of the biggest crimes of Bruce’s reign so far, he’s been hung out to dry.

The treatment of this lad beggars belief, mentioned in the same breath as Declan Rice by pundits and now can’t even get off the bench. The manager is putting his own ego ahead of picking his best team and in turn jeopardising the clubs future. I put this lads demise firmly at the door of Bruce and his 2 f***ing bum chums, to make him the scapegoat for Sheff Utd away is nothing short of a disgrace. Should be reinstated in place of Shelvey immediately, one of the biggest crimes of Bruce’s reign so far, he’s been hung out to dry.

Sean and Matty could both be doing a job for us right now and I reckon Ritchie could as well - more assist and goal threat than anyone else in the team last night. All victims of Bruce’s pettiness and fragile ego.

• 5 months later...

It’s a mentality thing. He has the ability and size to make an impact like Rice has, if he was inclined to, but he doesn’t have any fire in the belly, him or his brother.

They just seem to be going through the motions and happy to be in or around the 25 man squad each week whether they play or not.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Still not got a clue if those 6-7 games or so were just a rich spell and he wasn’t actually any good after all, he’s been Bruce’d or both.

I still think there's there's top quality player in there and have a feeling he might break through again this year. 

Just now, Thumbheed said:

I still think there's there's top quality player in there and have a feeling he might break through again this year. 

There's a distinct lack of endeavour from top to bottom, it takes a special kind of autonomy to thrive in a sea of mediocrity. It's no surprise that so many players get stunted when a manager like Bruce takes over and an owner like Ashley owns the club.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Nah, he’s shite, same as his brother, both bang average Championship players at best!

Personally I think he benefitted enormously from having a manager like Rafa. He got clear detailed instructions as to what to do, where to play and how to operate in CM from superb manager and responded. His performances were getting better and better by the week and he looked a million dollars. 

Then the manager changed and he swapped chicken soup for chicken shit. Seemingly no personal input from the gormless cunt and told to just do his thing or run about or put himself about a bit or words to that effect. Absolutely no coincidence to me that he's looked pretty dreadful since Rafa went and Bruce came in, as a young player trying to forge a career in the PL than the worst possible boss for you is the one that's currently stinking out our dugout. He desperately needs a change of club or a change of manager here if he's going to fulfil his potential, he's currently going backwards. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah, he’s shite, same as his brother, both bang average Championship players at best!

Running the show against Man City a few years ago would suggest otherwise. The potential is all there to see, it’s a case of realising it. Rafa is gone over 2 years now and he’s done fuck all since then, we can blame Bruce but the kid has to take responsibility for his own career too, same as his brother.

46 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

There's a distinct lack of endeavour from top to bottom, it takes a special kind of autonomy to thrive in a sea of mediocrity. It's no surprise that so many players get stunted when a manager like Bruce takes over and an owner like Ashley owns the club.

Aye exactly. Always surprises me when pundits and fans slate managers for poor results but the players get the brunt of the stick for poor performances as if both of mutually exclusive. 

Sickens me to see players like Almiron, Longstaff, Lascelles and Schar stagnate when we absolutely know there's quality in all of them with the right set up and coaching. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Still not got a clue if those 6-7 games or so were just a rich spell and he wasn’t actually any good after all, he’s been Bruce’d or both.

Same.

39 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Naaah, defo not. If rumours are true and Rafa wants him he wants him for a reason. Longstaff is suffering from the fact the team lacked any intensity like it had under Rafa. He's was absolutely brillaint when he was working his billocks off and playing forward as much as he could. 

Thought he suffered the most from Bruce's clearly complacent coaching. Matty on the other hand is tidy bit I don't see anything in him that makes him special, but Sean's got something. I'm sure of it.

Edited by Thumbheed

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

A bit hard to say about Matty, I think. He's not been given a proper chans yet. Has shown a few times what he can do but need more games. He badly needed a loan to get games last season. Should have learned a lot from that.

Sean needs a better coach. He has the ability but not the same fire as Matty. Can be a tidy and calm player and a good passer if he plays the simple passes. That's what he did in his first games under Rafa.

For a long time NUFC has been very bad at giving the young players a good chance in the first team. Hopefully some of them will get some chances in the near future. Can see  Kell Watts, Elliott Anderson Freddy Woodman and possibly Joe White along with Matty Longstaff make it if just given a proper chance.

Edited by Toon No9

1 hour ago, Thumbheed said:

Naaah, defo not. If rumours are true and Rafa wants him he wants him for a reason. Longstaff is suffering from the fact the team lacked any intensity like it had under Rafa. He's was absolutely brillaint when he was working his billocks off and playing forward as much as he could. 

Thought he suffered the most from Bruce's clearly complacent coaching. Matty on the other hand is tidy bit I don't see anything in him that makes him special, but Sean's got something. I'm sure of it.

Spot on you can bet your bottom dollar that he’ll be a different player at Everton under Rafa. No doubt the injury played a part but we’ll regret this one big time. 

It’s easy to blame his attitude but anyone working under a shit boss who clearly doesn’t rate you would suffer. 

Undoubtedly a player in there and if Choudhury on loan is his replacement, then it’s just more evidence of the shit show this club is under Ashley and Bruce.

After losing Bobby Clark and potentially losing another local lad who was being lauded 2 years ago, to be replaced by what a Leicester reserve.

This is the same Steve Bruce who wanted to swap Grealish for Jordan Rhodes, how anyone could judge Longstaff under this set up beggars.

Edited by Whitley mag

It's one of those intangibles that demonstrate the difference and drop-off we've suffered from changing from Rafa to this fuckwit. 

You can compare league finishes, points accrued, goals scored and whatever you like, they're numbers and can be interpreted in many ways. But seeing the regression of players like Longstaff fly under the radar. They go unnoticed by the media because they're ignorant of the actual games played, they don't watch the games, they look at the result, they look at the table and go from there - Newcastle won? They must have played well etc. Completely ignores the nuances of individual players, the little things that one manager did that the other doesn't. How many players in the squad are performing better under Bruce than Rafa? 1? 2? You can't measure that and it therefore gets ignored. 

BuT hE MaTcHeD RaFa. Absolute braindead cunts. To a man.