Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

He needs to go to Everton and work under a proper coach, sadly for us

So if he stays he’s thieving a living ? Can our current coaching set up not get it out of him? I really do get this comment mate just wondering why can’t Sean just knuckle down and prove he’s a top player .

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

So if he stays he’s thieving a living ? Can our current coaching set up not get it out of him? I really do get this comment mate just wondering why can’t Sean just knuckle down and prove he’s a top player .

Thieving a living? WTF?

The current "manager" is utterly clueless and Longstaff looked a top player under Rafa and seemingly Everton want him and he's a free agent in the summer. If I was him, it's a no-brainer.

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I get what you're saying but someone could easily use that argument as to why Shelvey looks largely piss poor in this team rather than he's just shit. I've not seen any glimpses from him to suggest he's a good footballer at this level since the start of 2019-20 and that was some time ago. Maybe Man United (h) when his brother scored the winner? But even then it was his brother who was getting the deserved praise and Matty's the poor bastard who never gets played! :lol: 

I've watched the highlights of Leeds away last season to jog my memory and he's responsible for three of their goals. Three

I suppose I need more convincing and I'm not sure that it's gonna be here. A £10m+ move would probably be best for all parties, especially if it means Matty finally gets his chance in the team again. I doubt it though.

I predict we'll see a lot more praise for Shelvey this year and that will be despite his glaring limitations as a player. 

I dont think that will be because he's suddenly shown himself to be a good player but because the tactics will bring out his best asset. 

My belief is once you show yourself to be a good player, then you always have that in you and there's only 2 or 3 things which stop you from getting that to those same heights; tactics, mentality and injuries. At 24 I don't think his injury will be the things that's holding him back as much as tactics and confidence.

I bet there's a lot of people who advocate selling him who will also be saying that someone like Rafa can get the best out of him, which is a bit of a paradox, no? 

I honestly hope he gets some game time in the position Shelvey played on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, GWN said:

Just to be clear I wouldn’t sell him IF he wants it enough here .

Enough? Enough to put up with a useless cunt of a manager who's essentially taken his career backwards?

Enough? Enough to watch his brothers career ruined by the same bloke/club?

Enough? Enough to accept shite like Jeff fucking Hendrick signed and played over him?

Enough? Enough to have told Bruce the truth about how shite he is, only for Bruce to ostracise him AND his brother?

Enough? Fuck that. The bloke and his whole family have probably had just about enough already tbf.

I think £10m for Sean would be a good fee for us in all honesty. As much as I'd like to blame Bruce his main struggles since returning from injury aren't tactical. He is physically so much worse than he was. I can't get over how slow and immobile he is now.

2 hours ago, Smal said:

I think £10m for Sean would be a good fee for us in all honesty. As much as I'd like to blame Bruce his main struggles since returning from injury aren't tactical. He is physically so much worse than he was. I can't get over how slow and immobile he is now.

Completely agree.

Shelvey gets pelters for not being athletic enough etc but he's much more mobile than Sean.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

11 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I’m always a big believer that if you are a player of a good quality standard then you will still see that on a football pitch no matter who the manager is. Yes a player will perform better at more frequent levels under a better manager, but you don’t just go to a shit level of performance over a two year period under a poor manager. You still see quality players like Wilson and St Max giving high level performances under the same poor manager. If Everton or anyone else offered 10 million, personally I would bite their hand off. 

Can't really argue with that. I thought he was really something special in his first season, but now he just looks slow and heavy footed. No matter who the manager is, you should still look like you don't need an extra touch every time to control the ball. 

13 minutes ago, Beth said:

Lets be honest, both the Longstaffs cards were marked as soon as the Ritchie/Bruce bust up was leaked, as its generally assumed one of them was the source.

I thought it came out that is was their dad that told Hope from the Daily Mail 

19 minutes ago, Beth said:

Lets be honest, both the Longstaffs cards were marked as soon as the Ritchie/Bruce bust up was leaked, as its generally assumed one of them was the source.

So was Ritchie's, and he's back in the side. It's no excuse for playing badly. 

3 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Enough? Enough to put up with a useless cunt of a manager who's essentially taken his career backwards?

Enough? Enough to watch his brothers career ruined by the same bloke/club?

Enough? Enough to accept shite like Jeff fucking Hendrick signed and played over him?

Enough? Enough to have told Bruce the truth about how shite he is, only for Bruce to ostracise him AND his brother?

Enough? Fuck that. The bloke and his whole family have probably had just about enough already tbf.

he’s getting paid a lot more than you or me , playing for his hometown team so yes professionalism I’d expect at least , fight for it at least, I just don’t think he’s very good at all now, as others have said whoever the manager is .

cash out and move on 

59 minutes ago, TRon said:

So was Ritchie's, and he's back in the side. It's no excuse for playing badly. 

Of course, but its either him or a totally out of his depth Lewis as the only alternative at LWB, whereas we have plenty of spare dross to pick from in CM.

20 minutes ago, GWN said:

he’s getting paid a lot more than you or me , playing for his hometown team so yes professionalism I’d expect at least , fight for it at least, I just don’t think he’s very good at all now, as others have said whoever the manager is .

cash out and move on 

His wage is irrelevant tbh.

Also, if you read The Athletic article from this morning, you'll see he's probably vastly underpaid compared to where his salary would be elsewhere tbh. Not that it matters for the purposes of this.

He'd played very very well under Rafa. I have no doubt with some good injury management, rehab and proper coaching he'll get there again.

Hope he goes on to be a great big success elsewhere and everytime he has success he blows his cheeks out and mimics that fucking useless fat heffer in our dugout.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

His wage is irrelevant tbh.

Also, if you read The Athletic article from this morning, you'll see he's probably vastly underpaid compared to where his salary would be elsewhere tbh. Not that it matters for the purposes of this.

He'd played very very well under Rafa. I have no doubt with some good injury management, rehab and proper coaching he'll get there again.

Hope he goes on to be a great big success elsewhere and everytime he has success he blows his cheeks out and mimics that fucking useless fat heffer in our dugout.

Lots  of ifs , why can’t he show it here? We have GJ a great coach , if he wants it he can have it all. Obviously we disagree but as you I wish him every success, I want it here with us but I go on what my eyes can see and for us he’s very ordinary 

Edited by GWN