Film you recently watched

AyeDubbleYoo

Just watching the Oldboy remake. Not sure what the point of it is, but Brolin is entertaining enough.

Copley is bad as a villain. How the fuck is that possible.

Made it about five minutes into the Kingsman sequel.

Exactly the same :lol:. I started watching it on the flight from London, then Grandpa Simpson'd it and instead chose "This Is The End" (which I, somewhat embarrassingly, really enjoyed).

The Snowman

From the awful reviews I thought it was going to be shit. It wasn't. It was okay. Standard, average thriller. I've not read the book so maybe it's not a patch on that, hence the bad reviews.

The story didn't make any sense at all

The Snowman

From the awful reviews I thought it was going to be shit. It wasn't. It was okay. Standard, average thriller. I've not read the book so maybe it's not a patch on that, hence the bad reviews.

The story didn't make any sense at all

visually it was pish as well for a thriller, i'm sure in someone's mind the snowmen might have looked haunting/eerie/scary or something but it was laughable

Just watching the Oldboy remake. Not sure what the point of it is, but Brolin is entertaining enough.

elizabeth olsens tits iirc

Yeah she's unreal.

Sophie's Choice.

That scene, man. Can't imagine how difficult it is for a parent to watch that.

I think i’ve said this before: that’s one of a handful of movies I will never see again now that I have kids.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Fantastic. Best in the series. Wall-to-wall action. Never a dull moment. Rebecca Ferguson as a biker chick.

It's canny. 2.5 hours absolutely flew by. Some of the set piece action stuff was incredible.

What was with Cavills tache I wonder, and yeah Ferguson is outrageous.

Inglorious Basterds - ah man enjoyed it so much. Only second time is seen it. Love how Tarantino just let's a scene run. From the opening scene to the basement bar every scene just has room to breathe. Enjoyed a lot more second time round as well. Forgot SJ does a bit of narration in it too.

Annihilation : Loved it but it's rather odd, which made it all the better imo 8/10

Incredibles 2 : Just got in from it, not as good as the first but still a really good laugh, especially Jack-Jack 7/10

Inglorious Basterds - ah man enjoyed it so much. Only second time is seen it. Love how Tarantino just let's a scene run. From the opening scene to the basement bar every scene just has room to breathe. Enjoyed a lot more second time round as well. Forgot SJ does a bit of narration in it too.

Awesome film.

The opening scene, after watching it so many times, made me think that Landa isn't really a fanatic Nazi that you'd expect an SS colonel to be. When he compares the hostile world a Jew lives in during 1941 to one a rat lives in and asks LaPadite if a rat has caused anything to him personally to create such animosity towards him and that small speech made me think that, and that he's just one horrid sadist. Probably read too much into it but I love that film.

Guest chopey

Sophie's Choice.

I've only ever seen that scene, what actually happens in the film ?

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  :lol:

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  [emoji38]

You absolutely have to see the original (which is Korean)--it's fantastic. I'll probably see the remake at some point, but I can't see that it would ever compare.

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  [emoji38]

You absolutely have to see the original (which is Korean)--it's fantastic. I'll probably see the remake at some point, but I can't see that it would ever compare.

It doesn't but it's interesting to watch to compare.

On the subject of The Incredibles, tried showing it to the eldest (5) over the last few days and I realised I'd forgotten how adult the general themes are. Not for young kids at all really, even though I'm sure they'd enjoy the action sequences without understanding why any of it is happening.

On the subject of The Incredibles, tried showing it to the eldest (5) over the last few days and I realised I'd forgotten how adult the general themes are. Not for young kids at all really, even though I'm sure they'd enjoy the action sequences without understanding why any of it is happening.

A fair few of the new animated films are aimed at adults as well as the kids, well a fair chunk of the content in certain films is certainly aimed at just the adults.

Incredibles 2, is much more toward the young uns, even if the overall theme isn't really, you just notice it far less than in the first movie.

Sophie's Choice.

I've only ever seen that scene, what actually happens in the film ?

Spoilered in case anyone who wants to see it doesn't want to know owt.

The film is about a love triangle essentially. Sophie (Meryl Streep) is romantically involved with a violent schizophrenic called Nathan who launches into bursts of jealous rage when an aspiring novelist called Stingo moves to Brooklyn, befriends and becomes close with Sophie. The film then goes over her past during the Holocaust in Poland; her ex-husband and dad were killed in a concentration camp, relatives in the Polish resistance etc. The main thing is about how she manages to still cope with her choice years after, which most people know what it is.