Film You Recently Watched

8 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

I watched Following last night, an early Christopher Nolan film (shot directly before Memento). It was shot on a really low budget and is only 70 minutes long.  Pretty interesting and deffo worth a watch,  despite some dodgy acting.

Havent seen it in a while, but always loved that movie. Think the budget was only $4500 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Man on the Moon

Strange film not sure if I enjoyed it. Didn't know much about Andy Kaufman before though

One of my fave films and fave Carrey performances, watch the documentary about it if you can. 

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

A Quiet Place Part II - 8/10.

I loved it, lacks the suspense of the first one but a good flick nether the less.

aye day 1 was incredible. more action than the first. scenes straight out of like 'the last of us' :smitten:

will be interesting to see if he makes it into a trilogy since apparently he never planned on making a sequel

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

aye day 1 was incredible. more action than the first. scenes straight out of like 'the last of us' :smitten:

will be interesting to see if he makes it into a trilogy since apparently he never planned on making a sequel

I would say there's a few directions a third film could go, by my reckoning it'll be a soldier based one....not sure I'd like it as much but would be an interesting avenue to go.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

I would say there's a few direction a third film could go, by my reckoning it'll be a soldier based one....not sure I'd like it as much but would be an interesting avenue to go.

Spoiler

aye since they can't swim there should be quite a few army and navy folk still around (fuck i hope i've done this spoiler thing right [emoji38])

That Amanda Seyfried haunted house flick. Netflix knows I'll watch anything with either Seyfried or Hathaway and just fills my suggested row with their flicks.

On 02/06/2021 at 17:39, Sima said:

Just finished watching it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, Disney know how to put on a show.  The costumes and art of it was absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, we took the girls to see it at the cinema. God I missed Regal Unlimited. Thought Cruella was great fun - nice performances, good soundtrack and visually outstanding. Emma Thompson was perfect.

Delightfully, the openly flamboyant gay was one of the best things in it.

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Going to watch The Predator reboot tonight, any good ? 

Aye.........tut tut......not the best, and they had a work of art to copy off, "let's get to the choppers" was a particilar low point, also the fact everyone was made of rubber.

4/10.

On 10/06/2021 at 06:31, Ben said:

Aye.........tut tut......not the best, and they had a work of art to copy off, "let's get to the choppers" was a particilar low point, also the fact everyone was made of rubber.

4/10.

I remember enjoying it the first time. As I’m just such a Predator/Aliens fanboy. But I watched it back and it is a mess. Not sure why they were all so jovial throughout? Was it meant to be a comedy? Were they aiming for an R rated version of something like ET or Super 8, with the kid as the main man? 

It’s amazing that they keep making it worse and worse as a franchise. When it really could have worked brilliantly. 

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

My housemate is watching Jaws for the first time

I've seen it before but it still stands up pretty well considering it's nearly 50 years old

It's such an incredible film, few years ago I watched it after not seeing it since I was young and couldn't believe how good it was. I just remembered it being scary when I was young :lol: