Film You Recently Watched

8 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Just re-watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and loved it. Knowing that it didn't really have much plot made the experience a lot more enjoyable.

The best Tarantino movie IMO.

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

The best Tarantino movie IMO.

couldn't pick If I'm honest.

5 minutes ago, Si said:

Hateful 8 is criminally underrated imho. 

Another that I thought was shite on first viewing. Will definitely revisit at some point. Love JJL. Dunno if she's too old now, but I think she'd make a great Janis Joplin

Promising Young Woman - great film, love Mulligan and Burnham was really good too.

Jojo Rabbit - felt it didn’t quite work as a comedy or a drama, it was somewhere in between of both. I thought the character development of Jojo and Elsa was a bit forced. Should have had more Taika Hitler in it

Tenet - felt like I was following it relatively well until the protagonist was inverted and then didn’t have a fucking clue what was going on. Either I missed some stuff or it was poorly edited as it just felt impossible to follow. Was impressive and I felt there was a good film in there but it’s hard to really enjoy it when so much goes over your head

Greta. Pretty silly film and if you think about, there a number of plot holes. However the set up is really good, and it's always watchable. Bout 95 mins, so it's doesn't overstay its welcome. 6/10.

20 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Collateral. Can't stand Tom Cruise, but I watched 'A Few Good Men ' at the weekend and he didn't make me sick, so...

Canny but a bit daft.

As a person he’s a cretin IMO, but a great actor. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

As a person he’s a cretin IMO, but a great actor. 

He might be, and I'm sure he has challenged himself, but the number of times he's just played 'Tom Cruise with a particular profession' turns me off him.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

He might be, and I'm sure he has challenged himself, but the number of times he's just played 'Tom Cruise with a particular profession' turns me off him.

Can kind of get that with him tbh, I just think he’s decent overall, and can be great when he wants to, separates him from the rest or most IMO.

34 minutes ago, number37 said:

Rich Hall's sketch on him is perfect. 

What would be perfect would be if I could just click on a link to it. ;)

I'm only kidding. I'm looking for it as we speak.

Edited by Happinesstan

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Couldn't get into Eyes wide shut, but other than that imo Cruise hasn't made a bad film. Not Oscar worthy sure, and not the cleverest films ever made but they are all very watchable. 

Clearly they're watchable, and I'd watch more if he wasn't in them.

25 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Couldn't get into Eyes wide shut, but other than that imo Cruise hasn't made a bad film. Not Oscar worthy sure, and not the cleverest films ever made but they are all very watchable. 

*cough* The Mummy *cough*

Took the boy to see Fast & Furious 9 (I know, I know, his idea) this afternoon. He piped up about an hour in - "dad, this is so bad! It's just ridiculous". He's 12.

Legit one of the worst things I've ever seen. Utter pigshit. 

Just now, midds said:

Took the boy to see Fast & Furious 9 (I know, I know, his idea) this afternoon. He piped up about an hour in - "dad, this is so bad! It's just ridiculous". He's 12.

Legit one of the worst things I've ever seen. Utter pigshit. 

The main thing is midds you saw it with family.

39 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's so long

Long and shit. Visually stunning but the acting, and plot, leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know if they just took themselves too seriously for what could have been good fun.