Film you recently watched

AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Top Gun (1986). 

A camp classic. Some dodgy acting. Some questionable scenes :lol: but holy fuck. What a movie!

Forgot how good the flying scenes were. Sheer perfection. Plus Take My Breath Away is an absolute belter. 

Looking forward to seeing the new one on Sunday now. 

Watched it for the first time since I was too young to really understand it the other day. Must say it's better than I remembered it. Always thought of it as the ultimate 80s cheese, which it still might be Tbf, but it's more than just that. 

I really hope I manage to watch Maverick in the cinema, once I heard it being compared to Fury Road (think it was the Empire podcast), I felt I have to see it.

I thought Maverick was great like. As somebody who hates sequels and reboots in general I thought it was a brilliant action film and a bit like 2049 - better than the original it is following.

Prisoners. 

Not a very cheery watch. Stellar performances from Jackman and Gyllenhaal and decent overall. Some ridiculous plot drivers and in the nick of time moments, however. 

Another good Vilneuve film. 

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Shame. What was the problem?

Just really messy. Feel like every 'horror' film I've seen in recent years does a good job of building up tension for about an hour and then the end is just absolute rubbish

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Just really messy. Feel like every 'horror' film I've seen in recent years does a good job of building up tension for about an hour and then the end is just absolute rubbish

feel the same, endings generally a problem in horror these days

On 12/06/2022 at 05:05, joeyt said:

Men - absolute shite

Went to see this at the flicks last night. Honestly can’t tell you if I loved it or hated it but that last 10 minutes or so is one of the miciest things I’ve seen in the cinema for years. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny but had me howling.

Can see why the film would be divisive, my lass hated it, but would rather spend an hour and a half watching something like this instead of a Top Gun remake or the latest capeshit. Also, I love Jessie Buckley.

8 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

Went to see this at the flicks last night. Honestly can’t tell you if I loved it or hated it but that last 10 minutes or so is one of the miciest things I’ve seen in the cinema for years. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny but had me howling.

Can see why the film would be divisive, my lass hated it, but would rather spend an hour and a half watching something like this instead of a Top Gun remake or the latest capeshit. Also, I love Jessie Buckley.

Aye the last 15 minutes or so was dreadful I thought

Jurassic something

Honestly could've spliced this and the past two films together and I wouldn't have known. 

Nick of Time. Bit of an obscure mid-90s flick with Johnny Depp as a perfect dad type who gets picked out at random by some shady types to do something, well, shady. Really enjoyed it actually, kind of plays out in real time with the clock ticking and Christopher Walken is in cracking OTT form as one of the baddies.

Top Gun Maverick - was canny. My enjoyment of it was more or less all down to the build up to the end and it just about delivered. Maybe a little bit too much recall to the original, but I suppose that's par for the course with these films now. 

A decent 6/10

Couple of in-flight flicks

Uncharted - my favorite video game series and this definitely wasn’t “Uncharted”…but I still enjoyed it. I’m a sucker for treasure hunt films. Basically Uncharted 4 with elements of the other games thrown in. Tommy Holland is hard to dislike and Tati Gabrielle is unreal. Nolan North cameo was a nice touch.

Midway - made Pearl Harbor look like Citizen Kane.