Fabian Schär

2 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

He's just played 90 mins for a side that kept a clean sheet against the European champions. 

Didn't watch him play but got the worst rating out of whole team, not that it says too much but just wondering if he put him in ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I doubt Howe will see enough of him this week to pick him for Saturday 

Or he stands our in  training, he will know all about him but I'm with you , bench I'd imagine.  

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Can't see Dummett being a Howe style player. Treating the ball like a live bomb isn't what he's looking for

Aye, the aimless hoof down the line, which is Dummett's signature dish isn't to Howe's taste I doubt

2 hours ago, GWN said:

Or he stands our in  training, he will know all about him but I'm with you , bench I'd imagine.  

I agree, entirely, but he is the one player that I would throw into the mix. Make sure he is well protected at the back and just give him a bit of freedom to attack. I guess it depends on whether he has other uses for Ritchie. Could always play 343 with Lewis and Ritchie on the wings. ASM and Almiron given free-ish roles. Almiron will naturally track back to help on the left, so we could maybe play Willock on that side of CM and put Hayden on the other side as defensive support to Ritchie.

Thought I was in the Lewis thread.

Edited by Happinesstan

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

Can't see Dummett being a Howe style player. Treating the ball like a live bomb isn't what he's looking for

I think for now it is any left back who can defend and then build on from there especially if we plan on reverting to four at the back.

for now Dummett is best choice. If not him and if Lewis can’t handle it we will need to look at Clark or Manquillo, probably the latter.

3 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I thought that Manquillo was always poor a left back and Dummett is best at CB

Dummett looked best for us as the left CB in a three. It played perfectly to his strengths and didn't expose his weakness in going forward

18 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

He's just played 90 mins for a side that kept a clean sheet against the European champions. 

yeah, Lewis got forward a lot and made same canny passes/crosses into the box/