Fabian Schär

On 19/01/2022 at 16:09, Collage said:

He’s not that bad in a back 4, no way. He’s a good ball-playing CB. Yes, he’s not the best defensively and that’s why he should have someone like Fede (or preferably better) beside him. Should be replaced as we move upwards but I don’t buy that he’s a problem.

I think it depends on his partner. A reliable partner allows him to focus on his own responsibilities a lot more. He's a determined little fucker when he wants to be, but frustration affects his performances.

On 19/01/2022 at 16:25, The Butcher said:

If anything this proves how limited Schar is.

Never rated him as a defender and fully expect him to go in the summer regardless of our league status.

I think he's limited but technically one of our best players. His limitations I guess come from the fact he became a pro at a later date, as such he missed out on an important part of development.

As much as Fede is a slightly better defender reguardless of who is partner is. Schar is the only 1 of our current CBs that i'd like to see an an option beyond this season, a commanding CB next to him and I think he'll look even better.