Fabian Schär

Aye, I love Anderson but he did similar for Bruno's backheel iirc. Maybe it's a bit harder to appreciate a technically brilliant goal in real time when you're trying to commentate on it or something, fuck knows.

It was better than Schar's before it imo, it still seems outrageous he tried it.

Not that I think he could have done much about it but Henderson got nowhere near it at all. Further confirming a few peoples opinion on here that he’s over rated. 

Schar is one of my favourite players though. Criminally underrated by Bruce and offers so much as well as being a top level defender. 

Pound for pound he has to be one of the best buys we’ve made in years. 

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm more annoyed by the lack of any real reaction to Wilson's goal tbh. I don't get it, it's absolutely sublime and the commentators are just like 'that was a clever finish'

It was an outrageous finish, but you could only really appreciate it when watching back the close up replay. Initially, I wasn't sure if it was even Wilson that made the connection.

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It was an outrageous finish, but you could only really appreciate it when watching back the close up replay. Initially, I wasn't sure if it was even Wilson that made the connection.

Yeah. Initially I thought it was a fortuitous ricochet off the blocking defender. Was a genius bit of finishing though, absolutely sublime.

20 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Not that I think he could have done much about it but Henderson got nowhere near it at all. Further confirming a few peoples opinion on here that he’s over rated. 

Is any goalkeeper getting close to that strike?

Henderson was solid for Forest.  Actually commanded his 6 yard box perfectly.  Preempted plenty of our play into it.  Dealt with Almiron's efforts with ease.

25 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Is any goalkeeper getting close to that strike?

Henderson was solid for Forest.  Actually commanded his 6 yard box perfectly.  Preempted plenty of our play into it.  Dealt with Almiron's efforts with ease.

He was their best player.

56 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm more annoyed by the lack of any real reaction to Wilson's goal tbh. I don't get it, it's absolutely sublime and the commentators are just like 'that was a clever finish'

Couldn’t agree more. Anyone who’s actually played football will understand how insanely difficult that was. 

Can see this lad hitting Dabizas levels of goals playing a full season in a good team. It's why you've got to have him in the team; you can debate which of our defenders are the better defender, but with Schar you're as close as you can get to guaranteed goals. It's such an asset having that threat from that part of the pitch. Love him and I'm so pleased for him that he's one of the first names on the teamsheet in a side that plays to his strengths. 

Cracking goal. Burnley one just pips it still but a fantastic strike nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The modern Philippe Albert. Inside both there's an attacking player who just wasn't good enough.

My longstanding hot take is that he could play for a L1/Championship side upfront and score 15+ goals easy 

Edited by Comegetasample

50 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The modern Philippe Albert. Inside both there's an attacking player who just wasn't good enough.

He strikes a ball better than a lot of the players in front of him, to be fair. 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I cannot think of a cleaner striker of the ball from range in our squad tbh?

Got to say, when he got the ball and the space was there, My mind instantly went to his goal vs Burnley. I didn't think he could replicate it, but it was carbon copy.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Only a matter of time before we get an injury and someone suggests we should try him in midfield.

I honestly think he could play anywhere on the pitch, in a limited role, he's that good a footballer. Obviously he has had years training for his current role, but he's so technically gifted, and composed.