Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

It sounds like he would (also) work as cover for Perez at #10. Osako played well as Japan's main striker at the World Cup, so there's no shame in him getting a limited look in there.

After Gayle and Joselu, the first thing I would be looking at is the ability to put his foot through the ball. Neither of them shoots with any conviction.

Selfish reasons here, but only two PL games a week are shown live on Japanese tv now, it used to be five, so its good for toon fans in Japan. Leicester get chosen a fair bit because of Okazaki.

The big problem with that of course, is that it is Perez who should be cover as #10 for someone who is actually good enough to perform consistently in the Premier league. Nothing against Mutu, but as a signing, it has all the hallmarks of settling for someone who isn't really Rafa's first choice for the position. Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.

Clearly this is not Rafa’s first choice but it doesn’t mean that he won’t start ahead of Perez.

Korean & Japanese players this window. Commercial benefits for Fat Mike definitely outweigh the 'cost'.

Did cross my mind like. Never had a single Korean/Japanese player, now two in one window? It's not like we've even sold one to accommodate Muto.

It sounds like he would (also) work as cover for Perez at #10. Osako played well as Japan's main striker at the World Cup, so there's no shame in him getting a limited look in there.

After Gayle and Joselu, the first thing I would be looking at is the ability to put his foot through the ball. Neither of them shoots with any conviction.

Selfish reasons here, but only two PL games a week are shown live on Japanese tv now, it used to be five, so its good for toon fans in Japan. Leicester get chosen a fair bit because of Okazaki.

The big problem with that of course, is that it is Perez who should be cover as #10 for someone who is actually good enough to perform consistently in the Premier league. Nothing against Mutu, but as a signing, it has all the hallmarks of settling for someone who isn't really Rafa's first choice for the position. Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.

Clearly this is not Rafa’s first choice but it doesn’t mean that he won’t start ahead of Perez.

As long as Rafa is happy with the signing, so am I. I just don't want it to be another Joselu where he says you have to pay £5m for someone who can kick a ball.

Can't wait for the, "That should please Newcastle fans, who are upset at their transfer dealings so far."

This should take our bet spend to a whopping 6m or so.

He’s a handsome bugger, like.

So is Schar. Even if we end up in a relegation struggle, it shoud shoot us op the league in the Premier dreamboat rankings.

Will be our first double, along with the balance sheet trophy.

I think I can give some info:

1. He is young

It's correct.  He just started his professional career at the age of 21 which is normal for players from Japan. Although he is 26 this is only his 6th season as a pro.  He is young.

2.  He is quick

Correct but he isn't as quick as Bellamy. Please also note that he suffered ACL 2 years ago and his right knee is a concern.

3.  He is talented

I can't provide much proofs on this but 3 years ago Chelsea approached him and got turned down because he wanted to learn his trade in Bundesliga and thus chose Mainz instead.

It is a good gamble imo.