Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

£9.5m for a 26 yr old is the equivalent of £40m for most normal clubs. I'm hoping that means he's worth a lot more potentially, otherwise I can't see our lot spending that much on a gamble.

Scoring record isn't particularly awe-inspiring for a striker, and he's moving to a higher level now. :dontknow:

Ah well, always had a soft spot for Japanese players, I was a huge Captain Tsubasa fan as a kid.

He is not a striker.

I think I can give some info:

1. He is young

It's correct.  He just started his professional career at the age of 21 which is normal for players from Japan. Although he is 26 this is only his 6th season as a pro.  He is young.

2.  He is quick

Correct but he isn't as quick as Bellamy. Please also note that he suffered ACL 2 years ago and his right knee is a concern.

3.  He is talented

I can't provide much proofs on this but 3 years ago Chelsea approached him and got turned down because he wanted to learn his trade in Bundesliga and thus chose Mainz instead.

It is a good gamble imo.

Means nowt, he'd have signed and then plyed his trade at Vitesse, then the Bundesliga.

Scoring record isn't particularly awe-inspiring for a striker, and he's moving to a higher level now. :dontknow:

Ah well, always had a soft spot for Japanese players, I was a huge Captain Tsubasa fan as a kid.

He is not a striker.

Fair enough, all my knowledge on him comes from his whoscored page who have him as a striker. Is he an outside forward? A second striker?

He is not a striker.

Isn't he? Seems to have played upfront for Mainz.

Either as a center forward in 433 or center forward in 442.

He is not a striker.

Fair enough, all my knowledge on him comes from his whoscored page. Is he an outside forward? A second striker?

Have we timewarped back to the 50's?

I am optimistic. He can create depth and space, which you'd hope Shelvey and Ki would strive on with long through balls.

£9.5m for a 26 yr old is the equivalent of £40m for most normal clubs. I'm hoping that means he's worth a lot more potentially, otherwise I can't see our lot spending that much on a gamble.

Of course it's a gamble, most signings are. We've spent more on gambles before

He is not a striker.

Fair enough, all my knowledge on him comes from his whoscored page. Is he an outside forward? A second striker?

I just never know what to call in English a forward that plays on the left or right of the attack, what we call an "extremo".  :lol:

He is not a striker.

Yea basically like that, just like Ayoze, a No.10. Of course you can stick him to play upfront but his natural position is a wide / second striker.

A good signing imo. We badly need someone to play No.10 when Ayoze is in bad form.

He is not a striker.

I just never know what to call in English a forward that plays on the left or right of the attack, what we call an "extremo".  :lol:

Inside forward?

He is not a striker.

Yea basically like that, just like Ayoze, a No.10. Of course you can stick him to play upfront but his natural position is a wide / second striker.

A good signing imo. We badly need someone to play No.10 when Ayoze is in bad form.

Call me nitpicker, but I think we need someone that improves on the dudes that play badly no matter their form!

I just want to look at NUFC's squad and be able to say "yeah, this guy will do 10+ a season". Not 15, just 10...

I like the idea of having two players like Perez and Muto together. When Perez had Cabella with him when he first game in they played a lot of lovely one two's off each other before Pardew decided that was far too attacking and brought back Gouffran. I think they'll link up nicely as they both have clever movement.

He is not a striker.

Call me nitpicker, but I think we need someone that improves on the dudes that play badly no matter their form!

I just want to look at NUFC's squad and be able to say "yeah, this guy will do 10+ a season". Not 15, just 10...

I understand your point, I just think when Ayoze is in form he is our best player, so it is a bit harsh to hope someone cost under 10m could already be our best player lol

Like Ayoze, Muto can play striker when needed, but he is definitely not the "striker" type we want to lead the line.