Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 11/08/18 @ 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2017/18

Elliot

Manquillo  Lejeune  Clark  Dummett

Shelvey  Hayden

Ritchie  Perez  Atsu

Gayle

vs.

2018/19

Dubravka

Yedlin  Lascelles  Clark  Dummett

Shelvey  Diame

Ritchie  Perez  Kenedy

Joselu

Home win.

Threw Joselu in there as most likely starter up front due to Rondon arriving late / not being match fit, but suppose Muto could have a small shout. Would like to be pleasantly surprised.

We haven't moved forward that much in twelve months, but Dubravka is a significant upgrade on Elliot, Yedlin wipes the floor with Manquillo, Lascelles is far better than Lejeune was at the beginning of 2017/18, Diame is a God among men and therefore can't be fairly compared to Hayden, Kenedy is naturally much better than Atsu and we may even have an upgrade in the striker slot.

That's potentially six positions where we're stronger than we were opening day last season, even putting aside the improvements in the likes of Dummett, Shelvey, Ritchie and Perez in the same timeframe.

For Tottenham's part they lined up like this:

Lloris

Walker-Peters  Alderweireld  Vertonghen  Davies

Dier  Dembele

Sissoko  Alli  Eriksen

Kane

Can't imagine they'll be able to put a stronger team than that out this time around. As much as everything else around the club is shite, first game of the season is less than 5 days away and we've got the potential to get off to a cracking start (while protesting against Ashley / in favour of Rafa).

:indi:

Rondon will start ahead of Joselu surely.

You would hope, although Rafa is very cautious with new players until he knows they can follow his instructions to the letter. Hence why he wanted them in so early, fucking Ashley and Charnley divvy tossers.

Big Darren Moore was saying he's not match fit yet. At most he's going to have four days training in him ahead of the game.

I would hope he'd start, but not convinced.

Sweepstakes on what’s going to go wrong this time?

I’ll go for an injury to a centre back and a legitimate goal ruled out.

Injury to one of the new signings, obviously.  Put me down for a CB or CM sending off too.

Shola is one of the Sky Sports pundits - I'd love for him to tear into the fat wanker but I doubt he will with his work for the Foundation! I doubt 'Craigy' would allow any nasty words to be said against 'Mike' either!

Sweepstakes on what’s going to go wrong this time?

I’ll go for an injury to a centre back and a legitimate goal ruled out.

Blatant Spurs red card ignored by the ref then soft pen given to Spurs.

For those in Australia  , Optus sports are showing  ever game in August  free via it's  optus sports app .

While I’m still paying $40 a month on an old deal. Fuck Optus.

Pleasing that the first match is at a civilised hour, mind.

For those in Australia  , Optus sports are showing  ever game in August  free via it's  optus sports app .

While I’m still paying $40 a month on an old deal. Fuck Optus.

Pleasing that the first match is at a civilised hour, mind.

I pay $80 a month for my nbn and optus sport .