Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wow, when you consider that, Muto.

£9.5M, my bad. 

Same article says we sold Mitro for £22M.

Selling off Mitro then for £22M, Sissoko(£25), Wijnaldum(£22) and, Mbemba raised Ashley some funds. Only when Rafa left he spent it on Joelinton - an agent tax dodge.

Rafa refused Joelinton, because he's shit. £40M, record siging out of nowhere? on a player that's, well shit?

Edited by Abra Dubravka

54 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Emil Krath? Just shit. Jamal Lewis, he's shit as well. 

Mikel Merino was good, he didn't stay too long. The closest thing to replacing Cabaye. Came from Dortmund, within 2 months was linked at Barca.

Mitro, replaced with Joselu. Adam Armstrong allowed to leave and replaced with Muto for 11M£.

That was all under Rafa's watch, if he didn't want to sell those players he would probably have said so. Add Mbabu to the list. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Aye, but I’m pretty sure it’s over 17 years ago that I was sat in St James’ watching a Graeme Sourness managed NUFC

Where were Spurs 20 years ago? 

But apparently Spurs are a big club now, and in the 'top 6', and there is nothing anyone can do about it...

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

That was all under Rafa's watch, if he didn't want to sell those players he would probably have said so. Add Mbabu to the list. 

Aye, but doubt Joselu was top of Rafa's list for strikers that summer. Doubt even loaning Tammy Abraham from Chelsea was top of the list either. 

No, wait - Islam Slimani to the rescue!

2 hours ago, Abra Dubravka said:

"We're rich as fuck and fucking shit - rich as fuck, we're fucking shit" 

Discussions over whether Lascelles should play over Fernandez is redundant. Fernandez was relegated with Swansea, he's only a bit less shit. Same conversation with Ritchie at LB - aye, Ritchie is shite, but Lewis is shit as well. 

Any discussion on our players now really is throwing shit in the air and arguing over which pile smells best.

Ashley/Bruce have left us now with the worst squad I've seen in my time... Dubravka/Schar/ASM/Wilson. Going into this season those players were the only players I thought good enough to be starting for Newcastle United.

It's so sad how low the standards of this club have fallen. Media take the piss, thinking we all expect to be in CL; but honestly, take a good look at what Ashley and Bruce left us with - would Fernandez get in any other side in the PL?

I'm not sure that I quite follow the point? That all the players are shit and everything is shit, so there's no point discussing any of it? But if so, that's where we are, unfortunately.

So, I'd say it's exactly why it is worth discussing, because the cavalry aren't arriving till January and we need the best chance of getting a few points up till then, with what we've already got, to give ourselves a fighting chance.

More than that, we need to try them all out so we know which are the most urgent to replace under an actual coach and with a defined system of play.

So, it's about making the most of the players we have until then. And of a limited set of defenders I think it's odd that Fernandez isn't given a chance or even in the squad.

He's not exactly great, but of what we've got left he's surely a better bet than Clark, Krafth or Lascelles. It was still a crime shipping out Lejeune out of all of them, but hey, we are where we are.

I can only guess there are some big player influences behind the scenes re who gets selected, since there has been a managerial vacuum for over 2 years. Instead of...you know, objectively picking the best actual players from what we've got to work with now.

Edited by Abacus

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Kevin Mbabu left Newcastle and has done well for himself, and kicked on his career. It's honestly boring that his name keeps on being mentioned. Nobody gave a toss about him when was actually at the club...

He left Newcastle to play in the Swiss League, and has progressed - good on him, well done.

By the same standard - what are your thoughts on Haris Vukic, Ole Soderberg, Fabio Zambrela, Oliver Kemen? Have you been tracking their careers lately? It's boring to hark back at players like Mbabu just because they are actually now good - likewise with Toney, Armstrong.

Haven't heard much latley about Shane Ferguson, or Adam Campbell's season for heed

1 hour ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Kevin Mbabu left Newcastle and has done well for himself, and kicked on his career. It's honestly boring that his name keeps on being mentioned. Nobody gave a toss about him when was actually at the club...

He left Newcastle to play in the Swiss League, and has progressed - good on him, well done.

By the same standard - what are your thoughts on Haris Vukic, Ole Soderberg, Fabio Zambrela, Oliver Kemen? Have you been tracking their careers lately? It's boring to hark back at players like Mbabu just because they are actually now good - likewise with Toney, Armstrong.

Haven't heard much latley about Shane Ferguson, or Adam Campbell's season for heed

I do get that, but Mbabu looked fantastic in the one game he started, iirc he was MoM. It wasn't that much of a shock when he turned out to be pretty good. Toney I never got to see him in a Newcastle shirt so can't really comment personally, but whoever scouted him has been vindicated. 

Neither Mbabu nor Toney would have developed or matured here. Our club is literally not capable of that nor would they ever had the playing time to become what they’ve become today. This argument is so tiresome and shit. The same for Adam Armstrong. Until we fix the entire system and nurture and develop the youngsters here and on loan and back, it’ll be the same perpetual cycle. 

Just the man for a big game. He's a leader in my book, no idea what he's done to deserve getting benched. Will be good to see him back tomorrow as I refuse to believe Howe will start Clark ahead of him. 

Those quotes are reassuring.

I think if he goes 3-4-3 again, Fernandez will come back in.  He might stick with Krafth or Clark to play next to Schar, if not.  I hope I'm wrong and he plays regardless.  It's a bit of a back handed compliment with the current lot, but I still think he's our best defender.   

You have to wonder if there was some fall out with Bruce and/or Jones and there has been some carry over from that into Howe's setup.  As there is no other logical explanation for playing with Krafth, Clark and even an out of position Hayden, instead of him.  When was the last game he played, August/September?! 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Needs to be starting. Looked so much assured with him at the back.

He's not prime Maldini like by no means, but he's our best centre half by way of him being vaguely competent. 

This.