Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

Guest reefatoon
12 hours ago, M1tche said:

Whatever has stopped him playing needs to be sorted or swept under the carpet, both him a schar have to start

I blame Jones. Hopefully Howe is now realising Jones thoughts on who plays is fucking shit and mental and is now not listening to a word he is saying.

Some top drawer journalism at the Chronic, regarding Fernandez coming on last night....

Headline: What Eddie Howe shouted after Ciaran Clark red card hints at what Newcastle United have missed

Story: Ryan Fraser was soon earmarked as the player to be sacrificed and Howe beckoned Federico Fernandez over with a shout of: “Fede!”

:jesuswept:

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

He just come on and bossed our defence. He has to start every game when fit.

I see Howe was asked about him last night and he described him as a great professional and a leader...which many of us have also noted. Hopefully that's the end of whatever stink was created during Bruce's tenure. The fat bastard is still costing us points. 

6 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Some top drawer journalism at the Chronic, regarding Fernandez coming on last night....

Headline: What Eddie Howe shouted after Ciaran Clark red card hints at what Newcastle United have missed

Story: Ryan Fraser was soon earmarked as the player to be sacrificed and Howe beckoned Federico Fernandez over with a shout of: “Fede!”

:jesuswept:

Their idea of always trying to pick up things they’ve seen that they think others didn’t is always proper tedious. More often than not it’s just the manager or a coach embracing a player - or two players speaking to one another at full time. 

Unless it’s some hilarity in the press box, the incident usually won’t have escaped the eyes of every other match going fan.

Heard rumours (not on here) that the reason he was dropped completely was because he was suspected of being ‘the mole’ leaking things to the press that Brucey had been moaning about.

You have to think it was something non-performance related as he was dropped from the whole squad and vague, nonsense answer given by Jones when trying to explain his absence.

He is probably our best defender and as has been mentioned his leadership at the back has also been missed. 

10 minutes ago, LateRegistration said:

Heard rumours (not on here) that the reason he was dropped completely was because he was suspected of being ‘the mole’ leaking things to the press that Brucey had been moaning about.

You have to think it was something non-performance related as he was dropped from the whole squad and vague, nonsense answer given by Jones when trying to explain his absence.

He is probably our best defender and as has been mentioned his leadership at the back has also been missed. 

Even without verification that sounds like it's probably close to the truth. Fede is quite loud, you can often see him shouting at other players to get them in position, and he has a bit of arrogance about him (in a good way). I can imagine he would be just the type to dig out Bruce for being shite and Bruce would be a petty cunt and drop him from the team. Not sure why Jones felt the need to carry over Brewcie's grudge mind, best to just let that stuff go back to Manchester on Bruce's shoulder. 

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

Even without verification that sounds like it's probably close to the truth. Fede is quite loud, you can often see him shouting at other players to get them in position, and he has a bit of arrogance about him (in a good way). I can imagine he would be just the type to dig out Bruce for being shite and Bruce would be a petty cunt and drop him from the team. Not sure why Jones felt the need to carry over Brewcie's grudge mind, best to just let that stuff go back to Manchester on Bruce's shoulder. 

Yeah I’d agree with that. Another reason to have got rid of Jones. Get a complete clean slate coaching wise and not have current team selections influenced by those that have presided over the farce over the last 12 months and before. 

People were speculating that his legs were gone as a reason for his non-appearances. Sometimes last night I felt like even if they were his football brain puts him ahead of Lascelles who is like a defenders body waiting for the brain transplant and Clark who was average at this level at best in his prime but is no on his way out.

Edited by Wolfcastle

30 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

People were speculating that his legs were gone as a reason for his non-appearances. Sometimes last night I felt like even if they were his football brain puts him ahead of Lascelles who is like a defenders body waiting for the brain transplant and Clark who was average at this level at best in his prime but is no on his way out.

He does basic central defender defending better than any of the others and is probably the sort of player where legs aren’t the be all and end all depending on who is around him. I feel like I can rely on him not to do something brain dead stupid and he is a bugger to get around 1v1. 

19 hours ago, Rich said:

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I did not see any value in putting him on the bench. If you are winning, you are not going to put him on, and if you are losing, you are not going to put him on," Jones told the press after Saturday's defeat.

Glad Howe doesn't subscribe to this absolute tosh, like, dread to think where we'd have been with Krafth or Hayden coming on for Clark after 10 minutes tonight.

Howe has done exactly the same tbf, last night was the first time he'd been named in any post-Bruce squad & that was due to necessity with suspensions. 

19 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

I think his legs are gone but like you said he reads the game really well, easily our best at it.  I think at best, with all factors combined, he's a good squad player for a mid table team.  Still, he and Schar are our best combination and both work well with Dubs.

• 2 weeks later...