Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Massive praise for Fernandez from Howe in the presser today, after Waugh asked about his inclusion in the squad ahead of Clark despite his injury:

"I don't see Fede being too far away. I also think Fede is a really, really important person in terms of his leadership qualities in the group. I think he's a real fighter. In terms of our position currently in the league, I think he's an inspirational figure around the club, so I was desperate to keep him available for selection."

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Massive praise for Fernandez from Howe in the presser today, after Waugh asked about his inclusion in the squad ahead of Clark despite his injury:

"I don't see Fede being too far away. I also think Fede is a really, really important person in terms of his leadership qualities in the group. I think he's a real fighter. In terms of our position currently in the league, I think he's an inspirational figure around the club, so I was desperate to keep him available for selection."

That makes picking Clark ahead of him vs Norwich which cost us two points even more ludicrous!

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah I thought that was very interesting…

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I'd make him first backup behind Schar and Burn at the moment like. I like Lascelles, but he's cost us loads of points this year.

He has, but his response against Everton was massive and without his instant reply who knows where we would be right now.

28 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He has, but his response against Everton was massive and without his instant reply who knows where we would be right now.

Lascelles is obviously a bigger threat from  set pieces, but if I had to chose I'd go for the more accomplished defender every time. Lascelles has barely improved since he first broke into the team sadly. I think his time with the club will be coming to an end, club captain or not.

• 6 months later...