Rate our summer transfer window

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6.5/10

Think we added some decent players to our current lot.

Ki has premier league experience and has played with Shelvey before. We have a goal scorer in Rondon and a creative spark in Kennedy.

Do think we will sign one player in January.

4/10.

The signings in isolation are okay and we've improved on last season's team but quite a few are just temporary fixes due to the way the club has fucked Rafa around again, which is why it feels so terrible.

The only players we have brought in have been replacements for players that we have sold (plus backup for Lejeune). The players we have brought in are probably better than those that we have sold with the exception of Ki for Merino.

The thing is though we probably only needed to add 3, 4, or even 5 players and we would have been much better. The gaps we had last year in terms of lack of a number 10 or attacking midfielder, no one to compete with Dummett or Yedlin are still there. Even if we bought the players we have and backed Rafa with funds for those players we would be in a much stronger position. As it happens even though our replacements make us stronger overall (with the same weaknesses), the fact that everyone else has strengthened means that we have taken a step backwards.

Those at the top have let Rafa down, and what’s more disheartening is that they have let him down for the hundredth time. It blatantly looks like Ashley is trying to fuck Rafa off, piss off the fans, and run the club for as little as possible.

So much anger about the place, and Ashley has brought it on himself. Had he backed Rafa early he would avoided the shit storm he’s had in the last few weeks, and hopefully the even greater shit storm that is about to come his way.

I’ve genuinely not got too many problems with the deals we did do, but I’ve got major problems with the deals we didn’t do and had no intention of ever doing. To actually have a £20m surplus left over as the rest of the league moved forward is retarded, backward, pernicious and utterly spiteful. It speaks volumes of Ashley that he’d jeopardise the future of his own asset just to prove a point. Given the broader context of what’s happening at the club it’s been one of the most irritating and frustrating windows ever.

The only reason for this is purely down to Ashley’s childish ego trip, nothing more. Pure spite, like a toddler’s tantrum without any thought as to the potential damage of his juvenile actions. I’ve got no idea how this immature fat cunt functions on a day to day basis, tucking his huge white shirt into his bootcut Firetrap jeans, slipping on his loafers and supping pints of Carling on the street to unwind, the absolute fucknut.

2/3. Rubbish, because 'the transfer window' is so much more than just the players you sign. It's arguably the most critical part of the calendar year and, in our case, pivotal in determining the future of our brilliant manager. In that score, we've very deliberately fucked it up, so I can't see how it could be much worse.

In terms of the actual transfers, there's no guaranteed upgrades, no depth in key areas, needless departures, and we've failed to match literally every other club in terms of ambition. Good luck to the lads we've brought in and I'm looking forward to seeing Rondon and Muto, but overall I think we've taken a massive gamble, and I won't be surprised if we're Rafaless and relegated come May.

3/10

The players we signed are fine for depth. I'd say maybe Kenedy is an exception to that, but he's on loan so if he's any good he won't be back anyway. We needed 2 top-half, likely 30m, players to show any intent. We didn't bother, we're happy trying to avoid relegation. We may have strengthened, but so has everyone else, so I'd argue that we've likely regressed, comparatively speaking.

2/3. Rubbish, because 'the transfer window' is so much more than just the players you sign. It's arguably the most critical part of the calendar year and, in our case, pivotal in determining the future of our brilliant manager. In that score, we've very deliberately fucked it up, so I can't see how it could be much worse.

In terms of the actual transfers, there's no guaranteed upgrades, no depth in key areas, needless departures, and we've failed to match literally every other club in terms of ambition. Good luck to the lads we've brought in and I'm looking forward to seeing Rondon and Muto, but overall I think we've taken a massive gamble, and I won't be surprised if we're Rafaless and relegated come May.

2 out of 3 sounds way more positive than the rest of your post, and also your choice of scale to be out of 3 is a bit odd as well.

2 out of 3 sounds way more positive than the rest of your post, and also your choice of scale to be out of 3 is a bit odd as well.

2 or 3 out of ten, man. :laugh:

Being serious, Rondon is the only first eleven signing compared to how we ended last season. The likes of Schär, Ki and Muto will all probably play a fair amount of minutes, but none of them improves our first choice eleven. It's an. Absolute fucking disgrace IMO, and obviously most importantly it's been nowhere near enough to keep Rafa here, and that's really the only thing that matters.

Exactly, it's practically all squad players again. Not willing to pay what it costs for players that would improve the first team versus what we had in the championship. Another abysmal window where we've papered over the cracks, made a profit ffs, and as always we're not building anything. Rubbish. Get the fuck out of our club and sell it to someone who wants us to progress.

1 out of ten. I think we'll stay up but Rafa's project is well and truly dead with no possible excuses any more. The club is loaded but will not back him. The only way the club can progress is by getting Ashley out.

2/10

4 Players from relegated clubs who are just like for like and have not strengthened us as a squad at all

Muto is untested at this level and did not exactly shine for a team that was at the bottom of the Bundesliga would be akin to us signing Andre Gray from Watford

Rondon looked absolutely dreadful for WBA may have just been pardewed though

Dubravka Had him last season so no squad improvement there

Kenedy see Dubravka

Schar untested centre half could be good alongside Lascellles but could also be Ciaran Clark mk2

Ki no better than Merino is he really?

Fernandez see Schar

So in all we have signed 7 players for peanuts whilst turning an 8 figure profit ll whilst teams who were Championship clubs a mere few months ago are smashing our transfer record multiple times and teams that were in the division are also progressing

Long gone are the days when we had real quality and decent players ones that top teams would be envious of other than Lascellles no fucker else in the division would want any of our starting 11

Can see it as a scrap with us Cardiff,Watford,Burnley & Huddersfield as to which 3 out of 5 goes down. A few injuries in positions like fullback or centre midfield and we are in big trouble. Perez as still our only number 10 is a massive massive concern too

Roll on January eh. Oh hold on we only sign players in Jan when we are in deep deep shit