Newcastle United 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur - 10/08/18 - post-match from p. 17

Disco

The whole stadium was very subdued on Saturday, the atmosphere was crap, hardly no singing and it was almost as though everyone expected Spurs to win even when we scored nobody was jumping around.

I can't believe how much the match day experience has changed in the eleven years Ashely has been here but we are no longer fans we are just zombies that turn up just to say we did.

Got to agree , there was no buzz at all making our way to the ground and it was so subdued inside. Disappointing , as Rafa needs to be inspired if he is to stay and fight for something he believes in .

Thought it might've just been tv coverage that didn't pick up atmosphere but it was noticeable when we scored that there didn't seem much celebrating in the stands. Can't complain as it's fans like me who have stopped going who are contributing by allowing easier access for the "new breed" of passive attendees.

Atmosphere was fine.  It's only the stayaway arsehole that say otherwise.  I mean ....... how on earth would you know what the atmosphere was like whilst sitting at home or in a pub?

Atmosphere was fine.  It's only the stayaway arsehole that say otherwise.  I mean ....... how on earth would you know what the atmosphere was like whilst sitting at home or in a pub?

Atmosphere was very subdued. And I was there.

Is that just the new norm now?

Are you that dickhead on facebook who is constantly defending Ashley? He's called Rod too.....

Haven't you got some kids to nonce?

A retrospective ban, get in. Does us the world of good that.

Fine by me :lol:.

That picture looks weird, like he was just running and didn’t see the guy.

Its 43 minutes in in the first half. Sissoko is pretty much stationary, possibly trying to counterbalance on the offending foot after stopping. Unless I'm mistaken, dangerous play does not need to be intentional, just dangerous.

No good to us now though, so might as well not bother.

Casual reminder that the last time an opposition player was sent off in a PL game was in Jan 2014 (Norwich away) 130 games ago. The last time we had a numerical advantage in the PL was December 2013 (Stoke at home), 135 games ago.