Cardiff City vs. Newcastle United - 18/08/18 @ 12.30pm (Sky)

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199312&sid=c1f9f69e9cc43b2e64c3b5c9801cd868

Brotherly love

Newcastle United’s Jacob Murphy has admitted it will be strange facing his brother, Cardiff City winger Josh, this weekend.

The two have never played each other competitvely before but could come face to face in the Bluebirds’ first Premier League home game of the season.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Jacob said:

It will be strange having to tackle him. We will swap shirts at full time. Or maybe half time and have a go on each other’s teams. The family will be torn.

They have the Newcastle loyalty as fans, but also the son loyalty. They will both want us to have a good game and the best team to win. I want a Murphy goal and a Newcastle win.

We’ve never had a rivalry

We just support and help each other. We’d boost each other up if one wasn’t doing as well. We were there for each other. At Norwich we looked after each other.

I find it strange how other siblings are so competitive because me and my brother are not against each other.

Each club will say they’ve got the better twin. I am ready for that. Our games are different, others say the same. He plays left, I’m on the right. We both play off either foot.

Both quick? Yeah, that’s a strength.

We won’t talk tactics before the game. I want the three points and so does he. We will be giving nothing away.

Really like this interview from Shelvey.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/shelvey-why-ive-been-acting-as-new-boy-kis-chauffeur

My unpopular football opinion is that I like Joselu, I can't help it.

That's more like one for the Weird Fetishes thread, if there was such a thing.

I'm happy for him if he scores, more happy for us. But I'd be even happier if we had a squad where he would never even be considered for the bench.

Eurgh Joselu is just going to start this you just know it

Do I get up at 6am to watch this

I think I speak for us all here, no - please don’t. Sleep tight and dream of Rafa being sacked.

Guest Howaythetoon

Joselu played well against Spurs I thought, one of our better players, but if fit you play your best players. He will start won’t he :lol:

Joselu played well against Spurs I thought, one of our better players, but if fit you play your best players. He will start won’t he :lol:

Rondon didn't look fully fit though IMO. Joselu was decent and scored. Expect him to start.

Dubravka

Manquillo Lascelles Fernandez Dummett

Shelvey Diame

Murphy                  Mutu                  Kenedy

Perez

Dubravka

Manquillo Lascelles Fernandez Dummett

Shelvey Diame

Murphy                  Mutu                  Kenedy

Perez

:lol: We set the window alight.

Will surely be: