Newcastle United 1-2 Chelsea - 26/08/18 - post match reaction from page 20

Greg

Ki was shocking for that goal. Really weak

You've spouted some shite about Ki in this thread. Sure you're the one that asked if he had even won the ball back at all in like the 60th minute when he won it back fantastically only about 3 or 4 minutes into the game. Talking shit.

He also gave the ball away at least 3 times in the first 35 minutes on the rare occasions we had the ball. Can't judge him after one game, but today he was unquestionably poor. Hope he improves.

I don't really care if you think that. Bore off will you nobhead

You areet? Not like you to be so irrational and idiotic with your comments.

You've spouted some shite about Ki in this thread. Sure you're the one that asked if he had even won the ball back at all in like the 60th minute when he won it back fantastically only about 3 or 4 minutes into the game. Talking shit.

He also gave the ball away at least 3 times in the first 35 minutes on the rare occasions we had the ball. Can't judge him after one game, but today he was unquestionably poor. Hope he improves.

Eh? :lol:

Eh? :lol:

You heard him  :lol:

You've spouted some s**** about Ki in this thread. Sure you're the one that asked if he had even won the ball back at all in like the 60th minute when he won it back fantastically only about 3 or 4 minutes into the game. Talking s***.

WTF?

utter wank tactics ,  deserved nothing.

Perhaps an ultra attacking line up and high tempo passing game with a 0 - 5 bumming would have made you happier.

:lol:

the turgid defending for 90 mins not moving out your own half is fucking great to watch as well mind eh? we went forward, we attacked, we scored !!

we sat back invited pressure the whole game , guess what, they scored.

yep  O0

You're massively missing the point. I don't get excited about watching us today but I certainly understand why Rafa has to do it, and it almost got us a point.

You areet? Not like you to be so irrational and idiotic with your comments.

Yeah fine, if you wanna disagree the don't drag the discourse to "talking shit", no point really. I'm fine with people having a differing opinion.

You were rattling on about him incessantly dubbing him conclusively 'trash' at one point. Yes you were talking shit.

The lack of quality in our squad is shocking though, it really is. We're going to be involved in a lot of tight games because of Rafa's organisation basically, but we can't do anything if we keep getting s*** decisions like that go against us.

look, having to play like that for 90 mins is inviting s*** decisions, s*** tackles, cards...............its s*** tactics sorry and very very rarely gets you anything.

Not new though, is it? We did this last season and it got us a top half finish when all was said and done.

There's one man to blame for how pathetic we are in the face of this class of opposition, and his name isn't Rafa Benitez.

:thup: Commentator on NSBC at least called out Ashley as the problem today.

Rafa 5Live

"Chelsea are up there to win the PL - players worked hard. Pen - needs looking at closely. Players did well against a great team, but not good enough. Disappointed with how we dealt with the 2nd ball, for the 2nd goal. Work rate and discipline were good. Players have to continue working hard - need to be better on the ball. New players came in late and need time to gel. Lascelles - avoids answering the question. Shelvey out for a couple of weeks."

Always wonder how cup upsets even happen. Do league two teams just sit back and hope for a 0-0 against premiership teams?

No, because they are one off games with no long term impact, so they can afford to just 'give it a go'.

That’s a fair point, but I do watch a lot of games where lower league clubs actually look a lot better in an attacking sense than we ever do. Just wonder why.

We played these off the park with attacking football three months ago. Since then, they've got a lot better and we've got worse. But call Rafa negative if you want/are stupid

That match was the dictionary definition of a dead rubber, with them playing under a manager everyone knew was going to be sacked. Not really a fair comparison, even though it was a good performance.

We played these off the park with attacking football three months ago. Since then, they've got a lot better and we've got worse. But call Rafa negative if you want/are stupid

:thup:

It's also a very different moment. The last time we played them we were off the back of strong form, no more relegation danger and less pressure.

Right now we have bad vibe summer with Rafa unhappy at how transfers/spending has gone, the players bonus dispute and on top we've not really hit the ground running form wise.

That match was the dictionary definition of a dead rubber, with them playing under a manager everyone knew was going to be sacked. Not really a fair comparison, even though it was a good performance.

I know that. The point is, Rafa isn't inherently negative. He takes each game as it comes.

I've been just quietly seething since the penalty. Not necessarily just the injustice of the penalty, not losing another cheap goal after equalising. It's everything. We fought an up hill battle against Chelsea for 90+ minutes for nothing. Off the field Sky are fighting a propaganda battle for Ashley. It's just...how is this gonna end? We have an owner so malevolent that he fakes trying to sell the club and pushes a propaganda war against the fans to ensure we're as miserable as possible.

Guest covmag

Perhaps an ultra attacking line up and high tempo passing game with a 0 - 5 bumming would have made you happier.

the turgid defending for 90 mins not moving out your own half is fucking great to watch as well mind eh? we went forward, we attacked, we scored !!

yep  O0

You're massively missing the point. I don't get excited about watching us today but I certainly understand why Rafa has to do it, and it almost got us a point.

its about opinions, to sit so deep for 80 mins was nothing short of suicide and inevitable, Rafa didn't have to do it, he could send them out believing ?

I've been just quietly seething since the penalty. Not necessarily just the injustice of the penalty, not losing another cheap goal after equalising. It's everything. We fought an up hill battle against Chelsea for 90+ minutes for nothing. Off the field Sky are fighting a propaganda battle for Ashley. It's just...how is this gonna end? We have an owner so malevolent that he fakes trying to sell the club and pushes a propaganda war against the fans to ensure we're as miserable as possible.

It ends when we all walk away, or Ashley does. It’ll be us though, and more idiots will take our place.

Why have we got worse?

Well our two best players weren't on the pitch for a start. Fuck knows what's going on there

yep  O0

its about opinions, to sit so deep for 80 mins was nothing short of suicide and inevitable, Rafa didn't have to do it, he could send them out believing ?

Believing they can match Chelsea. :lol: - Is that not suicide? they would get murdered doing that.

We almost got a point today. It's not as if we got smashed 0 - 5 while playing how we did. We just fell short against a quality side in better form and circumstances to us.

Redknapp, man. "Rafa and the team have a duty to play a certain way at home." It's funny that that duty doesn't extend to Ashley backing him adequately in the transfer window with every penny the club generates.

Fucking Redknacker more like.