Newcastle United 1-2 Chelsea - 26/08/18 - post match reaction from page 20

Greg

I'm not going to moan about the tactics, we stifled them really, just wish we would show a bit more intent when we have the ball.

I am after

That shot was going wide as well, if he hadn't have touched it Barkley would probably have scored.

Dummett was ball watching when the ball came in also, then Ki should have done better and then possibly Yedlin probably should have done better. No way we should be playing five at the back and so negative at home. The last four home games has shown how you need to play three wins and an unlucky defeat to Tottenham.

On the coverage I watched they said that the average cost of Newcastles team was £4.7 mil and Chekseas was £37mil

Maybe that affects how you plan tactics

So why didn’t it change the tactics against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham then.

It is possible to play defensive, counter attacking football without allowing the opposition the ball to the point that you only have 15 percent possession and are unable to get out of your half for large stretches of the match, especially whilst at home. Teams manage this every single weekend in this league, and have done so for years, even at great financial disparity. To Benitez's credit, the team was fighting for the entire match and could have stolen a point, so it wasn't a bad performance by any means. I just don't understand the tactics.

Chelsea are a relatively weak team defensively. When we actually put pressure on that back line, Joselu was able to jog past David Luiz, who was standing completely still for some unexplainable reason, and easily nod it into the goal. It would have been nice to see more of this.

Redknapp, man. "Rafa and the team have a duty to play a certain way at home." It's funny that that duty doesn't extend to Ashley backing him adequately in the transfer window with every penny the club generates.

Fucking Redknacker more like.

But they never fucking say that about anyone else in the same way, fucking makes me so angry. Glad louise left the cunt, hope his face ends up like his melted face cunt Dad

My 2 cents is I think Rafa got the tactics wrong today. City I can understand, but Chelsea are a level below them. To gift a team 80-90% possession for 90 minutes, I don’t see how you can not concede.

You do know how Chelsea scored their goals right?

The tactics worked ffs, not Rafa's fault the ref is shite/bent.

Yedlin's elbow on Giroud was glorious.

Might a ban be forthcoming? 5Live mentioned it on 606.

Doubt it, there's no way to prove intent for that, it looks exactly as it was. A smaller player fending a taller player off and catching him accidentally.

My 2 cents is I think Rafa got the tactics wrong today. City I can understand, but Chelsea are a level below them. To gift a team 80-90% possession for 90 minutes, I don’t see how you can not concede.

But that’s exactly my point, if your under that pressure for so long, someone will make a mistake. They aren’t robots. If park the bus was effective a lot more teams would just use that every time. The issue is out of 5-6 defenders someone will make a mistake at some point, so unless you have the likes Maldini in defence, gifting the other team 90% possession will rarely work.

Aye, which seems to be missed at the moment.

On the coverage I watched they said that the average cost of Newcastles team was £4.7 mil and Chekseas was £37mil

Maybe that affects how you plan tactics

So why didn’t it change the tactics against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham then.

Wey we just played Chelsea, so it did. If you're referring to the end of the season clash, it's a completely different scenario, a team going out on a high after a successful season by their standards.

Against the other teams you mention we weren't missing 2 of our most influential attacking outlets along with our captain.

I just don’t see how a tactic of giving one of the best teams in the world 90% Poseidon for 90 minutes can work. Have we ever actually got anything from parking the bus? I think it’s a massively overrated tactic.

You can probably play 5 at the back and counter with better players and have a lot more than 10% of the ball? If you could tactically make Diame or Ki a bit more like Jorginho or tactically transform Murphy into Hazard, definitely do that. But it might be the squad is just bad.

But that’s exactly my point, if your under that pressure for so long, someone will make a mistake. They aren’t robots. If park the bus was effective a lot more teams would just use that every time.

No one did, OK maybe for the 2nd goal but that was after we switched. The 1st goal was a shite decision and a mistake by a shite ref, not any of our players or tactics.

Redknapp, man. "Rafa and the team have a duty to play a certain way at home." It's funny that that duty doesn't extend to Ashley backing him adequately in the transfer window with every penny the club generates.

But they never fucking say that about anyone else in the same way, fucking makes me so angry. Glad louise left the cunt, hope his face ends up like his melted face cunt Dad

It's infuriating. We as fans are too demanding when in actual fact the only bastards with unrealistic expectations are the very pundits who throw those accusations our way.

It's infuriating. We as fans are too demanding when in actual fact the only bastards with unrealistic expectations are the very pundits who throw those accusations our way.

Exactly, so fucking annoying the shite they spout.

But that’s exactly my point, if your under that pressure for so long, someone will make a mistake. They aren’t robots. If park the bus was effective a lot more teams would just use that every time.

No one did, OK maybe for the 2nd goal but that was after we switched. The 1st goal was a shite decision and a mistake by a shite ref, not any of our players or tactics.

Tackling the player in a scissor motion in the box was definitely a mistake like. Even the ref may make a mistake. It’s why pure park the bus is stupid for me. This result was always going to happen, as soon as I seen the line up and tactics.

Tackling the player in a scissor motion in the box was definitely a mistake like. Even the ref may make a mistake. It’s why pure park the bus is stupid for me. This result was always going to happen, as soon as I seen the line up and tactics.

Oh ffs, it wasn't a scissors tackle, aye it looks like one but his left leg never touches Alonso. The tactics didn't cost us the game, the ref did imo, and our poorness in the 2nd goal.

I just don’t see how a tactic of giving one of the best teams in the world 90% Poseidon for 90 minutes can work. Have we ever actually got anything from parking the bus? I think it’s a massively overrated tactic.

Well, we've trident usually not gotten anywhere by attacking for 90. Just don't have the personnel.

Oh ffs, it wasn't a scissors tackle, aye it looks like one but his left leg never touches Alonso. The tactics didn't cost us the game, the ref did imo, and our poorness in the 2nd goal.

Exactly, also if you look really closely Alsonso is holding the defenders arm so could give us a free kick for that even  :lol: people will see what they want to see to a certain extent in situations like that and all the cunts at Sky are generally against us.