Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 15/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s too early to judge the new guy and to become a top team again could take them several transfer windows and maybe even another change of manager to achieve in the long-term, but this isn’t a diffrent or new Arsenal or quite a new era.

They are as beatable as they always have been if you get at them and don’t let them play, maybe even more so as the new man tries to find a formula that suits his methods and tactics and the players he has at his disposal which can again take time.

They have very good players of course, but only individually. As a team they are way off being anywhere near as good collectively as they are individually in certain areas and with certain players.

We beat Chelsea quite comfortably last season, but I never thought for one moment that’s because they were a poor team, a poor Chelsea team by their title winning standards yes, but as they are showing once again after a change in the dugout, they have the right players and right balance and therefore when they do turn up they are tough to beat or even match.

Arsenal are a team we should be looking to beat and be approaching the game to inflict a defeat on them. They will create chances and will be dangerous and have players we can only dream about in some areas, but as a team, defensively they are poor, they are unbalanced and mentally they are not the strongest either.

Pressure anyone of their back five or anyone centrally in midfield and they can crumble and spectacularly so, much like ourselves over the years when going behind would lead to a mauling or a winnable fixture against inferior opposition we go on to lose.

A defeat even this early on would be bad given we beat them last season which I personally thought was our best performance and the way I think we can approach these kind of games at home against most teams. It’s Arsenal, it’s not Spurs, Chelsea or Man City.

How we set up and how we approach the game will be key to winning and winning well in order to breed confidence, get a pattern or style of play going and get us off the mark for the season.

Approach it the way we did Man City or even Chelsea and we will probably lose or have to rely on a set piece or a single chance falling to someone to finish just to get something never mind win.

4 points from our first 5 games would have been OK before a ball was kicked, we should have picked up 3 at Cardiff and probably a point here so we are doing it the hard way.

Got to play Kenedy, Rondon and I'd go Muto ahead of Perez for a bit more pace and movement.

Hopefully Shelvey is fit, if so I'd partner him with Ki, Diame needs taking out the team for a couple of games and lets see what Ki is like with a more creative player alongside him

JFC, I'm hyperventilating halfway through an HTT post. If I met him irl I'd nip out for a smoke and if he was still going when I got back I'd go for another and take my pint. :lol:

He's nee bother, just the length. Précis that shit, man. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

JFC, I'm hyperventilating halfway through an HTT post. If I met him irl I'd nip out for a smoke and if he was still going when I got back I'd go for another and take my pint. :lol:

Cheeky fucker :lol:

I can be quite chatty in real life once I’ve had a drink or feel more confident in my surroundings, otherwise I’m a shy guarded person constantly keeping my wits about me. Depends on who I’m talking to and if I think they are nob heads or full of shit really. I’d quickly ascertain that in any state I’m in or the person I’m talking to which I regard as a strength of mine, saves me and saves them :D

This place is getting worse though, in its hey day match threads would generate lots of debate and lengthy analysis pre and post match with stats, player ratings and all kinds, obviously not to the extent I post today, but many a poster would write lots of words on all things NUFC. Myself included, my volumes back then are mere sticky notes today.

:(

I blame Ashley and Pardew who have drained all of the enthusiasm out of us, well most of us, that and Twitter for conditioning people to a certain word limit. Sheep! And Dave of course spending server funds on Toasters meaning we are the NUFC of forums, running on a shared windows platform on some bloke’s PC tower while everyone else has their own dedicated server powerful enough to host a sovereign state’s entire web presence until the next millennium tucked away in a vault the Vatican would be envious of.

Me, I’m old skool, I keep it real, retro, vintage, despite a wall of hate and opposition Donald Trump’s rivals couldn’t even buy.

I’m the Michael Knight of N.O, a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world of the Shite Writer.

And my talking AMG!

Cunts!

Cheeky fucker :lol:

I can be quite chatty in real life once I’ve had a drink or feel more confident in my surroundings, otherwise I’m a shy guarded person constantly keeping my wits about me. Depends on who I’m talking to and if I think they are nob heads or full of shit really. I’d quickly ascertain that in any state I’m in or the person I’m talking to which I regard as a strength of mine, saves me and saves them :D

This place is getting worse though, in its hey day match threads would generate lots of debate and lengthy analysis pre and post match with stats, player ratings and all kinds, obviously not to the extent I post today, but many a poster would write lots of words on all things NUFC. Myself included, my volumes back then are mere sticky notes today.

:(

I blame Ashley and Pardew who have drained all of the enthusiasm out of us, well most of us, that and Twitter for conditioning people to a certain word limit. Sheep! And Dave of course spending server funds on Toasters meaning we are the NUFC of forums, running on a shared windows platform on some bloke’s PC tower while everyone else has their own dedicated server powerful enough to host a sovereign state’s entire web presence until the next millennium tucked away in a vault the Vatican would be envious of.

Me, I’m old skool, I keep it real, retro, vintage, despite a wall of hate and opposition Donald Trump’s rivals couldn’t even buy.

I’m the Michael Knight of N.O, a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world of the Shite Writer.

And my talking AMG!

Cunts!

giphy.gif

Just noticed Rondon and Yedlin are playing at roughly midnight on Wednesday so won't get back here until late Thursday or Friday so I'll be surprised if they start  :rant:

I suspect, since there are 25 players called for USMNT that Yedlin could sit out against Mexico. I believe we play Brazil first and I would assume that is the game he gets the start and the Levante kid goes against Mexico-Yedlin has played Mexico plenty and doesnt need the experience of it. There is a placeholder manager who is just trying to give as many looks to as many guys as possible and I was hoping he would leave Yedlin out but I guess he felt that he is the most senior player for the next generation of players.

It’s too early to judge the new guy and to become a top team again could take them several transfer windows and maybe even another change of manager to achieve in the long-term, but this isn’t a diffrent or new Arsenal or quite a new era.

They are as beatable as they always have been if you get at them and don’t let them play, maybe even more so as the new man tries to find a formula that suits his methods and tactics and the players he has at his disposal which can again take time.

They have very good players of course, but only individually. As a team they are way off being anywhere near as good collectively as they are individually in certain areas and with certain players.

We beat Chelsea quite comfortably last season, but I never thought for one moment that’s because they were a poor team, a poor Chelsea team by their title winning standards yes, but as they are showing once again after a change in the dugout, they have the right players and right balance and therefore when they do turn up they are tough to beat or even match.

Arsenal are a team we should be looking to beat and be approaching the game to inflict a defeat on them. They will create chances and will be dangerous and have players we can only dream about in some areas, but as a team, defensively they are poor, they are unbalanced and mentally they are not the strongest either.

Pressure anyone of their back five or anyone centrally in midfield and they can crumble and spectacularly so, much like ourselves over the years when going behind would lead to a mauling or a winnable fixture against inferior opposition we go on to lose.

A defeat even this early on would be bad given we beat them last season which I personally thought was our best performance and the way I think we can approach these kind of games at home against most teams. It’s Arsenal, it’s not Spurs, Chelsea or Man City.

How we set up and how we approach the game will be key to winning and winning well in order to breed confidence, get a pattern or style of play going and get us off the mark for the season.

Approach it the way we did Man City or even Chelsea and we will probably lose or have to rely on a set piece or a single chance falling to someone to finish just to get something never mind win.

I do enjoy your long posts but I thought you didn't care anymore  :lol:

:lol:

Just noticed Rondon and Yedlin are playing at roughly midnight on Wednesday so won't get back here until late Thursday or Friday so I'll be surprised if they start  :rant:

I was just thinking Arsenal are good, but very beatable on the day, hardly the same ask as beating Chelsea or Man City, but Yedlin and Rondon would pretty much be instrumental in our chances of a result. Oh well, maybe the game after that...

Guest Howaythetoon

Mildly interested I’d say based entirely on my own mood and whether I can be bothered with footy never mind NUFC. I’ll always care to a degree because NUFC will never leave your blood if you like, it’s in us now, but there are far more important things in life and so many things about the game and our club that preclude me from really caring like I should or once would. I can care in the moment like when we equalise or win or we get denied a penalty, but that’s about it largely, sadly.

Dubravka

Sterry Lascelles Fernandez Dummett

Shelvey Diame

Ritchie              Perez              Kenedy

Joselu

Dubravka

Sterry Lascelles Fernandez Dummett

Shelvey Diame

Ritchie              Perez              Kenedy

Joselu

Minging. Still can't even be bothered about any results and turned down a free ticket for it. All needs burning down

A few wins and lower mid table  and all will be forgotten and rosy again, Benitez will stay and guess who wins again

Need to get at least a point from this.

It would be something, but considering it's another fixture where we will be heavily outgunned it's not something we can bank on. It's the Cardiffs and Brightons we need to be getting points from, preferably all three.