Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 15/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

I'd like to see...

Dubravka

Yedlin    Lascelles    Fernandez    Dummett

Shelvey    Diame

Ritchie    Perez    Kenedy

Rondon

However, there are doubts over Yedlin (late return from international duty), Shelvey (only just returned to full training, but Benitez is optimistic), Ritchie (still not back in full training), Kenedy (still suffering a bit with a groin injury but in full training) and Rondon (late return from international duty).

Be very surprised if Yedlin, Shelvey and Kenedy don't start. The worst-case scenario looks frightening, though...

Dubravka

Manquillo    Lascelles    Fernandez    Dummett

Ki    Diame

Murphy    Perez    Atsu

Joselu

Fanks, Mike.

Tedious is deliberating over results that mean f all until Ashley goes. If it takes a few more defeats to get more pressure on Ashley and get it toxic in the ground then that is the best thing for the club.

No doubt that if we had a decent spell all the heat will be off Ashley again. Anything anti Ashley is far more important than results at this stage

Finish 15th, Ashley stays on the gravy train Rafa stays and this same shit scenario replays next season too

Tedious is deliberating over results that mean f all until Ashley goes. If it takes a few more defeats to get more pressure on Ashely and get it toxic in the ground then that is the best thing for the club.

No doubt that if we had a decent spell all the heat will be off Ashely again. Anything anti Ashley  is far more important than results at this stage

Finish 15th, Ashley stays on the gravy train Rafa stays and this same shit scenario replays next season too

Why even come in the thread then?

Fair one. I just had to get it off my chest as I can't stand people on about which championship player to pick and about results when there is a far far bigger problem that gets let off the hook time and time again. I just fear a couple of wins and it will take all the focus off him.

The only reason I want us to get points is so the likes of the mackems and all the other Newcastle haters can't all laugh at us getting relegated but that's basically the only reason

Cheers mike

I think its time to stop basing our squad value vs others squad value on how we approach games now. If we know we are the leagues lowest spenders does this mean we continue to play arses to the wall football or let the players show their own value? We could go on like this all season deciding before we have even faced a side they are better than us because they spent more or have players with a reputation or more international caps etc etc. I know it's cliche but Leicester didn't fear anyone when they won the league with the players they had. We all know Ashley is a tight bastard but it's just comprising the players by asking them to go out each week and not have a go in order to prove a point to Ashley that the squad is weak he should spend more etc. Yes he should and yes the squad could be improved, and yes he's a lying cock, but I just wish we would let the lads have a bit of freedom and go and take the game to Arsenal.

I think its time to stop basing our squad value vs others squad value on how we approach games now. If we know we are the leagues lowest spenders does this mean we continue to play arses to the wall football or let the players show their own value? We could go on like this all season deciding before we have even faced a side they are better than us because they spent more or have players with a reputation or more international caps etc etc. I know it's cliche but Leicester didn't fear anyone when they won the league with the players they had. We all know Ashley is a tight bastard but it's just comprising the players by asking them to go out each week and not have a go in order to prove a point to Ashley that the squad is weak he should spend more etc. Yes he should and yes the squad could be improved, and yes he's a lying cock, but I just wish we would let the lads have a bit of freedom and go and take the game to Arsenal.

That’s not why he’s doing it, he’s doing it so we don’t get hammered and aren’t shattered by the time the winnable games come up. Like last season when we finished 10th.

Im guessing Yedlin is fine to play considering he went on the field for like 5 minutes and not much happened. Not even sure if he made a run forward. You can tell he wasnt even gonna play but the RB who started had some cramping issues in the 83rd minute.

Rondon went 32 minutes and scored twice against Panama. So maybe he could give us 60-65 minutes on the weekend?

Unless Rafa doesnt want them to start cause they havent been in training and while I wish we had that luxury, I dont know if we do.