Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 15/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Hard choice tomorrow. North Shields v Shildon (which has been known to be a lively affair both on and off the pitch) or NUFC v Arsenal. Where one team will try to play and entertain their support and actively seek 3 points and NUFC wont.

I'll have to sleep on this one me thinks.

If that's your honest assessment then I don't understand why it's something you have to sleep on.

Arsenal conceded twice against Cardiff, something both us and Huddersfield didn't do once with 10 men. We didn't even give them a sniff. I'm looking forward to this, and hoping it doesn't come down to individual brilliance, which means them not us, or some crappy decision that real VAR would reverse but VAR on trial will only point out. No live TV cameras, which should help too. No need for Probert to "protect the PL brand".

Good news about Shelvey and Ritchie.

Arsenal conceded twice against Cardiff, something both us and Huddersfield didn't do once with 10 men. We didn't even give them a sniff. I'm looking forward to this, and hoping it doesn't come down to individual brilliance, which means them not us, or some crappy decision that real VAR would reverse but VAR on trial will only point out. No live TV cameras, which should help too. No need for Probert to "protect the PL brand".

Good news about Shelvey and Ritchie.

What is this nonsense? Just because it's not shown live in the UK doesn't mean it's not shown to millions and millions of people around the world :lol: It's the main match over here tomorrow, pre/post-match studio talk and all.

never thought i'd feel fuck all about missing the match today  ???

i will watch and follow of course but what's the point, fear a battering today, didn't think our season would start till Palarse away and even then i think they will beat us, worrying times, off the field its a mess on it for now is a bit of sanity.

never thought i'd feel fuck all about missing the match today  ???

i will watch and follow of course but what's the point, fear a battering today, didn't think our season would start till Palarse away and even then i think they will beat us, worrying times, off the field its a mess on it for now is a bit of sanity.

I have tried my hardest to feel something and get into it but it's just not happening. A large Arsenal win and loads of anti Ashley chants is the best outcome

I work down south with 2 Arsenal fans and even they get it when I tell them what Ashley has done to the club

Tubes is worse than Crumpy ever was.

I'm just a realist. I'm somebody who was mental for it I've been to 100 plus always and went to several away games on my own as nobody else was around to go with. Would be all I thought about all week and planned my weekend around and on a matchday my Facebook would have dozens of nufc statuses and at work I'd have dozens of people talking newcastle with me. I have several nufc tattoos from when I was 18 and have been to Feyenoord Barcelona Brugge Benfica so it's not just some armchair fan feeling like this

Now I feel nothing and not bothered if we get beat if it stirs more people and momentum against Ashley, him going is way more important than Rafa, 3 points PL or champo etc.

You can't all be happy clappers pretending nowt is a matter then complain when someone is telling the situation how it is. There is thousands more like me as well just I still have the passion to to get right back into it when he goes

This situation the club is in now is worse than anytime of my 25 years of supporting. Complete dead season right from before we even started it and we all agreed on that, so after that it baffles me people doing in depth pre match analysis like it actually matters.

The only thing that matters is not going inside the tip of a ground. Imagine the publicity it would generate with 20,000 marching from the gate up to the gallowgate and not going in at 3pm.

Very easy to do and minimal sacrifice and effort yet people won't do it for some reason. I don't know who I hate more, Ashley or our modern selfish placid match goers

It's apparently just Rafa staying just to save himself 6m and trying to get this rabble to 17th to keep Ashely on the gravy train before he apparently walks away in May then the club implodes.

If that's the case we may as well get on and do it now. What enjoyment would there be out of a win today? What would it achieve in the long run?

Or the even worse scenario and what I think will happen is Benitez stays and Ashely weakens the squad even more then we just take another step backwards and repeat this shite all over again next season.

The only thing to break all this bollocks is Ashley going. It won't happen until most of the 70% or so placid match goers turn. That will only happen with defeats and when there precious Premier league brand is under threat.

What isn't right with what I just said though? Anyone disagree Ashley leaving isn't more important than short term results?

Why can't we have a mass march or boycott? Very valid question given the circumstances. Of course there will be loads more who feel the same as me just I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'm willing to put it out there despite attempts to ridicule etc which don't bother me.

I'm not sure it's worse than the times when Pardew, McClaren and Carver was in charge. Rafa gives us a tiny glimmer of hope that we can move on. We've already had one person look to buy us since he's been here, and if you are looking to buy a club to invest in then Rafa makes us a far more attractive proposition. On top we've finally got the fans clubbing together to do more in protests and it feels like more widespread knowledge of how horrendous an onwer we have is reaching further a field.

The concept that you can't work out who is worse and to direct hate at between Mike Ashley and the fans that still go to matches is incredible. Maybe you're right if all the fans in the stadium walked out and didn't come back it would help force Ashley out, but to think you could hate match going fans more than the cunt responsible for the whole lot is abhorrent.

Ashley is just a cunt though, he knows it and everyone knows it. He has no emotional interest in NUFC so as much as I hate him I can slightly get my head round how he doesn't care less about the club

As you say though the fans who go have power to do more to help the club they claim to love but aren't willing to do so. That baffles me more.

Ashley won’t be forgotten about unless he spends money. I cannot see how Rafa going and us getting relegated helps us here?

The likes of Ashley Out and the Magpie Group are clearly putting preassure on him and his reputation in general is damaged right now across the country.

I hope you're right I really do but the way our home support is nowadays I reckon a couple of home wins and the majority of our crowd will be content and the appetite for any protests will die down. That's just human nature really.

Yeah the focus is on him now more than ever and them groups have done fantastic work they truly have but it's a shame they just seem to represent and have the backing of 10% of our support. My mate I used to go with for example has no interest in anything like that.

My dad who started taking me in the mid 90s and in the Sir Bobby days who really should know what the club is about somehow won't say a bad word about Ashley, he won't stick up for him but won't criticise him either. That's generally what we are up against.  He just keeps going on about how Rafa apparently wanted to buy Erik pieters and Klavan from Liverpool and how Ashley is right to give Rafa no money as he will just waste it like he did on Joselu and manquillo etc.

I try to point out that them players will have been 10th choice in his list thanks to Ashley and if we didn't sign Joselu and manquillo we would have zero cover