Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

Rafa will get it wrong from time to time, it's inevitable, he's not infallible. However there is only one person to blame, if there was investment in the team then he wouldn't be working within such fine margins. Better teams can afford to make small mistakes and still win, one wrong sub, tactic, starting player or a sub made a few minutes too late for us will likely cost us the game.

It's ok to be annoyed at the incorrect decisions being made but make no mistake if it wasn't for Ashley those mistakes wouldn't be costly. Be annoyed at the players/tactics but direct all your blame and ire at Ashley.

Perfectly put.

didn't attend again, watched on tv.

thought we played ok in the first half and deserved to be marginally ahead without ever looking great, Arsenal were terrible and as expected surely couldn't be any worse in the second half?

a needles challenge by Fernandez changed it, perfect distance for a free kick and bang, goal.

soon 2 and that was game over, no inspiration from anywhere both on and off the pitch to get back into it , the whole thing was piss poor.

Murphy yet again was a let down, how much did we pay for him? Hayden offers nothing and the rest were pretty powder puff, the crowd were dead and the fact i hardly raised my finger when we scored sums it all up..........i'm trying not to panic but i see a long time before we win a game and this could just be another Ashley relegation.

Rafa didn't have a great day today but i won't go into that for fear of being hounded. Bad day all round AGAIN.

A fair summary of what I saw. The loss of composure from gifting them one resulted in repeated loss of possession till we gave them another one. We then had nowhere near enough to get back in the game. It was bad enough for me to switch over to the cycling.

Its going to be a long season and we are going all our best players out there because others are relegation material. Without Rafa's organization, the best ones would be too.

He'll do what he always does, wait until around December when we are ultimately going down. Then do some sort of gamble by chucking 50m at Rafa to stay and get some faces through the door to avoid the drop.

Let's face it, it's the only reason Benitez is actually here now, because that fat cock likes a gamble, only thing was he didn't act quick enough to remove McLaren and Benitez couldn't work a miracle with a squad of players who by that time had already given up, and a 20 year old Jamaal Lascelles was the only player concerned.

The thing is though Rafa wouldn't fall for it a second time surely? Would he?

Really missed having Lejeune and Lascelles partnering each other thus far thus season imo. We’re leaking goals we’d otherwise have kept out. I don’t think we’ve seen the togetherness in the squad from last season either. Shelvey Lejeune  and Lascelles were two linchpin’s that obviously due to injury we’ve missed. We really aren’t creating enough chances either.

Time to get things right still but it is worrying.

That is our best pairing, but nobody is stopping Walker’s thunderbastard, or the free kick yesterday. Could argue we might not have given the opportunity, especially stupid foul yesterday. We’ve conceded 8 in five, same as Man Utd. Only scored four—same as three other teams and there are only three who’ve scored less. That is, and was always going to be, our primary problem this season. Hopefully, goals for will look rosier when we’ve played a few more of our ‘equals’ and fingers crossed Rondon and Muto start impressing in training.