Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 22/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

ToonArmy1892

Give iz a wave if you go past my flat.

You going to the game?

Nah, didn't get around to arranging it. I went last season.

I might look out for last-minute spare tickets but I'm not really too enthusiastic at the moment.

Well I know quick decisions aren’t your forte but I do believe ive a spare ticket if you’d like to go. Would be nice to catch you before the Lockwood Cup and talk tactics :lol:

You going to the game?

I might look out for last-minute spare tickets but I'm not really too enthusiastic at the moment.

Well I know quick decisions aren’t your forte but I do believe ive a spare ticket if you’d like to go. Would be nice to catch you before the Lockwood Cup and talk tactics :lol:

Cheeky bastard :lol:

True mind, although actually I'm worse at planning than deciding quickly. Hence not buying a ticket already.

You going to the game?

True mind, although actually I'm worse at planning than deciding quickly. Hence not buying a ticket already.

:lol:

Also hence you not answering my question? :lol:

You going to the game?

:lol:

Also hence you not answering my question? :lol:

I was going to text, I'll have it if you've got one.

I'm very worried it's going to be awful like, but it is 5 minutes away.

Think we have to get a point in this game.

Hoping that we can scrape a point against a dogshit team like Palace is painfully indicative of just how far we've fallen under the fat man.

The way our fans have lost hope and the state of the pics on the SJP thread just drive home just how bad things are.

We now exist as makeweights in the league; whipping boys for the big six, hoping to not get relegated so that fat cúnt in charge can pocket Sky's money.

If the FA cared, they would bring in legislation to ensure that clubs were ran in the interests of the club, not as a cash cow for the owners, but the FA only care about one thing - the same thing as the FCB.

Tragic.

Think we have to get a point in this game.

Hoping that we can scrape a point against a dogshit team like Palace is painfully indicative of just how far we've fallen under the fat man.

The way our fans have lost hope and the state of the pics on the SJP thread just drive home just how bad things are.

We now exist as makeweights in the league; whipping boys for the big six, hoping to not get relegated so that fat cúnt in charge can pocket Sky's money.

If the FA cared, they would bring in legislation to ensure that clubs were ran in the interests of the club, not as a cash cow for the owners, but the FA only care about one thing - the same thing as the FCB.

Tragic.

Spot on. That's the worst thing Ashley has done for me, lower our fans expectations and standards of where we should be as a club and the level of player who is good enough to wear the black and white. Which is why I also believe there's barely any protests now as most our fanbase have accepted us been an also ran

2004 we were all kicking off at coming 5th as we wanted to be in the champions league again. Just 10 years on and the club and fans well and truly know its place as a yoyo club. We should be aiming for 6th/7th place as a minimum and going absolutely flat out to try and end this long trophy drought. To think around 2006/7 it was us and Tottenham as the best of the rest outside the top 4 and who had the next highest revenues and ability to attract players.

Tottenham went on to show ambition and sign van der vaart, alli, modric, bale, alderweireld, lloris etc etc whilst we choose the not competing route and we have never got anywhere near catching up since

2-0 wasn't it?

Kluivert's goal that day was one of my favourites

Yep - lovely back heel flick - him and Bellamy were superb together that day!

Bellamy's biggest peeve before he left was that he wasn't given the opportunity to start more games with Kluivert, although I think a lot of that was down to him absolutely hating Shearer.

2-0 wasn't it?

Kluivert's goal that day was one of my favourites

Yep - lovely back heel flick - him and Bellamy were superb together that day!

Bellamy's biggest peeve before he left was that he wasn't given the opportunity to start more games with Kluivert, although I think a lot of that was down to him absolutely hating Shearer.

Bellamy has to go down as one of the most frustrating wastes of talent we've ever seen.  Absolutely rapid and with an eye for goal, he should have cleaned up alongside Shearer and knocked in 20+ goals a season.  If he had the slightest bit of a footballing brain and knew how to use his pace to defeat a high defensive line rather than getting caught offside 90% of the time, he would have been immense.  The fact that he has also fallen out with everyone he has ever met meant that he was never at any club for long and his career just drifted away.  What a waste.