Newcastle United vs Leicester City - 29/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

I'm worried about their midfield against ours, Ndidi, Mendy. Lot of legs. Pacey side as well.

I think they are a better side in general, tbh. NUFC have a far better manager and Lascelles is better than any of their defenders, but that is it. I watched the match yesterday, and the combination of Vardy, Maddison, Iheanacho, and Gray were all very quick, and sharp and difficult to deal with, the opposite of NUFC's attack this season. Gray and Vardy were great value, but are both England internationals and Kelechi and Maddison are 21 years olds that cost fifty million pounds between them. There is a difference in quality going forward, at least. The key will be to take the chances presented, so Rondon, Joselu, Perez, etc. will need to step up. Their defence is very leaky and slow, and they are their to be countered, especially if you can bypass the two midfielders with balls down the side of the centrebacks, who cannot run. None of their fullbacks can defend at all. There will goals in this game, imo. 2-2.

I'm worried about their midfield against ours, Ndidi, Mendy. Lot of legs. Pacey side as well.

I think they are a better side in general, tbh. NUFC have a far better manager and Lascelles is better than any of their defenders, but that is it. I watched the match yesterday, and the combination of Vardy, Maddison, Iheanacho, and Gray were all very quick, and sharp and difficult to deal with, the opposite of NUFC's attack this season. Gray and Vardy were great value, but are both England internationals and Kelechi and Maddison are 21 years olds that cost fifty million pounds between them. There is a difference in quality going forward, at least. The key will be to take the chances presented, so Rondon, Joselu, Perez, etc. will need to step up. Their defence is very leaky and slow, and they are their to be countered, especially if you can bypass the two midfielders with balls down the side of the centrebacks, who cannot run. None of their fullbacks can defend at all. There will goals in this game, imo. 2-2.

Sorry but nobody thinks that Lascelles is better than Maguire, apart from you and the most biased NUFC supporter.

Sorry but nobody thinks that Lascelles is better than Maguire, apart from you and the most biased NUFC supporter.

I watch a good amount of Leicester for Ndidi and Iheanacho, and one can see why Maguire is rated highly, he has great physical presence and is very good with the ball at his feet, but I believe Lascelles is definitely better as a pure defender. Maguire is really quite slow, prone to make bad errors and out of position fairly often, imo. Maybe they have just not found a good partner for him, because Evans and Morgan accentuate his faults instead of covering them.