Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

Watch Perez rather than Maguire. Regardless of what Maguire might do, Perez is trying to turn it into something it's not.

That's not the point though. Maguire has his back to the ball, his eyes on perez and is fully intent on making sure he doesn't get past him to the ball. As soon as his arm comes out to block Perez it's a foul regardless of the ensuing theatrics and anywhere else on the pitch it would be given as such.

No idea how anyone can try and deny their penalty mind or write it off as unlucky or unfortunate. It's just outrageously reckless from Yedlin, he's literally got his arms in the air like a rugby player trying to charge down a kick, what did he think was going to happen?!? The worst thing of all is the shot was going into row Z as well. whole thing was just so needless and self inflicted and perfectly sums up nufc at the minute.

This next day feeling without a win is getting a bit grim isn’t it?

Yes, whole situation is :anguish:

Agree with that. McGuire got done by Perez who then tried to go round him and got blocked off deliberately with the arm. Perez didn't need to foul, he was going past McGuire, whereas McGuire was never going to turn and catch him without the block.

I still cant get over how people actually booed a substitution given our overal situation :lol: :lol: :lol:

How the f*** can people be so far out of touch with reality? And it was A LOT of people...

The match-going fans are completely different to the fans you'll find elsewhere and especially online in my experience. It's why I think those calling for boycotts and match walk outs are being a bit naive.

That is a generalisation. There was anti-Ashley chanting - some of it brand new and with the added benefit of being amusing - for most of the second half yesterday, and it was taken up by a large number.

Attitudes are shifting.