Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 06/10/2018 @ 17:30 (BT)

Jaqen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

This story breaking on Sky that Mourinho is getting sacked tomorrow regardless of the result is not good for us. The whole ground will swell behind Mourinho and what could have been a game Man U won't have been looking forward to is going to turn into a siege mentality which will have to lift their players.

I don't think the crowd will swell behind Mourinho tbh.

I don't think we are good enough to even beat a Man Utd team that can't be arsed.

I'll be fucking staggered if we don't get beat, doesn't really matter what's going on with their manager.

We need a striker that can kick a ball forwards first and someone in midfield that can pass to a forward. RIP football 5:30pm 06.10.2018 this will be worse than the Cardiff v Burnley match for anti-football.

This story breaking on Sky that Mourinho is getting sacked tomorrow regardless of the result is not good for us. The whole ground will swell behind Mourinho and what could have been a game Man U won't have been looking forward to is going to turn into a siege mentality which will have to lift their players.

The Old Trafford crowd have generally rallied behind Mourinho even before these rumours, I'd be surprised if they don't get behind him tomorrow if only to show a united front for the cameras.

Guest Howaythetoon

Dok82V_W4AAlL9s.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

But but, s*** fixtures etc etc

You say that like it's not relevant. :lol: I'd like to see any other Championship squads do much better having played Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, and Man United in 6 of their opening 8 games.

It doesn’t help when we ourselves pose next to no threat of our own which helps make the stats above grim reading and it’s not based on the opposition or because we don’t have a team of good players, it’s based on how we are set up home and away, whoever we play, whoever we start and be it when we were in the Championship or now in the Premier League.

I get why Rafa has us set up like this and understand how it helps us or how it can help us. I understand the pros to it. Ultimitaly, however, it helps the opposition more and hinders us as a result more than it helps us. It helps us concede fewer goals and stay in a game longer, but it doesn’t help us to create enough chances to score enough goals to turn a 0-0 into a win or actually win a game or any game.

It doesn’t help our more offensive players too and for us to get a point never mind 3 relies on the the forwards and midfield protecting the defence enough to keep the opposition at bay or if they can’t, those in the back four collectively and or individually standing firm or the ‘keeper to pull saves off.

At the other end for us to draw level or win it relies on a set piece, a mistake from the opposition or a precise move and finish and even then to see the game out to pick up the win or not lose it goes back to relying on the forwards and midfield protecting the defence and then the defence holding firm.

We don’t have a great team or great players, we have a handful if that who are of this level or slightly above, so we will always be up against it, but the way we are set it means we will always be up against it no matter who we play at home or away.

I’m not suggesting we open up and go all out attack, but we need to start working the opposition much more and harder with the ball than they work us off the ball or the work our players put in off the ball regardless. We need to get more players further forward, more men into the box, more balls into the box. We need to move up the pitch much higher and quicker.

We don’t need to spend money on better players to do that or require the opposition to not be Man City or Spurs or the fixture to be at home. We just need to set up differently and look to play differently to maximise our qualities on the ball and get the most offensively out of our attacking players. Even if that’s limited it’s better than nothing at all.

And if we get beat? Well, what’s new...

Die trying, make it a fight, give it a go etc.

It would be nice to see Mourinho get some support from our lot tomorrow.

I’ve always thought he’d manage us some day on account of his links to SBR.

This blew my mind. I'd boo him for 90 minutes. Fucking hate Mourinho.

Most man utd fans on my timeline hate him and always have, said he was "not a United" manager from the start.

Guest Howaythetoon

It would be nice to see Mourinho get some support from our lot tomorrow.

I’ve always thought he’d manage us some day on account of his links to SBR.

Eh? He can fuck off, as odious as they come the cunt :lol:

I always prefer to be hopeful entering games but even with Man U looking absolute garbage I just can’t see us offering enough to trouble them. I’m desperate for that post-game winning feeling rather than being a miserable bastard all weekend.

Jake Humphrey doing the coverage is a top man an all. On the good list. Massive mag and hates Ashley

Massive mag. :lol:

He's a massive Norwich City fan.

But he gets it and he understands NUFC and our support.