Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

ToonArmy1892

I know trust Rafa, but I can guarantee I'll be angry if Jos starts and Muto's on the bench. I just know I will be.

Aye

I don't think Muto went to play with Japan this week, did he? If he's not travelling, and he's coming off a goal, then Muto has to be favourite to start. After all, it's not unusual for a new player to not look great and spend a few months on the bench before hitting his straps. God knows we could do with that now (and that's me, who said he was never a Rafa #9).

Would anyone even get a slight bit of enjoyment if we win? I wouldn't at all. I was supposed to be travelling up home this weekend and having a drink in Newcastle and even got offered a free ticket again but I'm not even going to bother heading north at all. Just no desire to even be in the city around it all on a matchday which is a shame as that's what I looked forward to on a weekend

Andre Marriner ref :anguish:

Mate, we say this every week. They're all s***.  :bootyshake:

IIRC, we have particularly bad stats with him as ref in terms of cards etc.

Nice of the FA to give us Marriner for the Brighton match after he let Hemed stamp on us and then get the winner the last time we played them just weeks after giving us a Red for a stamp :laugh: You’d think after having to ban Hemed for the mistake Marriner made against us the FA wouldn’t have the cheek to give us Marriner again for the exact same match that he cost us in last season. Especially given our manager voiced the concern to the FA of his record against us ONLY a week or so ago.

I wonder who the FA have lined up for the Southamton match probably Matt Le Tissier :lol: You just know it will be the human with the closest possible postcode to Southamton O0 No wonder we haven’t played 11 vs 10 in this league since 2013 you just know that stat would be all over the press if it were Manchester United or one of the London club darlings! Rafa must think if I dare even mention it I’ll get another fine that is even more than you get for racism.

Even though it was 2 weeks ago I think the Man U result will have absolutely shagged us. 0-2

I disagree, personally don't think this team dwells on single results too much: we were utterly tragic v Leicester yet managed to pull that first 60 minutes at Old Trafford out of the bag. Worrying thing about this game is we'll be expectant of a win, and how that pressure translates onto the pitch.