Poppygate

Disco

Sometimes I wear one, sometimes I don't. It generally comes down to whether it's convenient for me to get one at any point.

I never really pay attention to whether anyone else is wearing one or not.

Off to an early start this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/cambridge-students-reject-remembrance-day-as-imperialist-propaganda-8030829/

How many poppies will you be wearing this year or like the liberal elite do you hate England and our heroes?

Are you

stream_img.jpg

or

2D80F26D00000578-0-image-a-1_1445197869836.jpg

If you don’t want to wear one then don’t , if you do then do. You seem to get really worked up about this, in fact your making the same sort of noise as the people complaining about not wearing poppies, you are part of the problem as well

Off to an early start this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/cambridge-students-reject-remembrance-day-as-imperialist-propaganda-8030829/

How many poppies will you be wearing this year or like the liberal elite do you hate England and our heroes?

Are you

or

If you don’t want to wear one then don’t , if you do then do. You seem to get really worked up about this, in fact your making the same sort of noise as the people complaining about not wearing poppies, you are part of the problem as well

Not worked up at all chap, just find the ever growing furore around it all absolutely flabbergasting.

shots fired

Loads of Narcan, I’ll be reet.

I don’t wear one (never have - not for any pilitical reason, just think it’s a bit pointless) and feel uncomfortable in forced situations where people take some sort of weird pride about wearing one. Couldn’t give a fuck about people who wear them though, or think theres some kind of moral justice to wearing them.

Cannot stand those freaks or the ones who think it’s pua cool to reject it.

One of my favourite times of year, along with when Tesco ban Christmas and Cadbury ruin Easter. Bet James McClean's fucking dreading it.

Good choice for a favourite, since we only have to take our England flags down every other summer.

I don’t wear one (never have - not for any pilitical reason, just think it’s a bit pointless) and feel uncomfortable in forced situations where people take some sort of weird pride about wearing one. Couldn’t give a fuck about people who wear them though, or think theres some kind of moral justice to wearing them.

:thup:

Exactly the same.

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating* how it’s evolved.

*to sad cunts like me admittedly.

The right stance to take.

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating how it’s evolved.

Muzzies innit. Taking are rites.

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating how it’s evolved.

Maybe it’s just selective memory like, but there’s definitely a few times in the past half decade where I’ve noticed a more forced poppy agenda.

People alive today had friends and family killed in WW2 (and obviously family members killed in recent wars) so it’s hard to say anything in risk of hurting who legitimately have a connection to it, but it’s become a proper grieving contest.

One of my favourite times of year, along with when Tesco ban Christmas and Cadbury ruin Easter. Bet James McClean's fucking dreading it.

:lol: Like fuck does he not revel in this shit. Only thing that keeps him relevant.

In the Hans camp. When I was too young to have a choice on the Church front, I'd always be made to wear one. Now I just... don't. :dontknow: Will probably sound heartless but it just feels like there's an anniversary for everything now and it just wears me the fuck out tbh.

I wear one but doesn’t bother me if other people don’t. Hate the people that try to be different though and complain for no reason.

Remembrance weekend to remember (wey!) for me this year as I am on parade for the Lord Mayors Show in London.

I wear one but doesn’t bother me if other people don’t. Hate the people that try to be different though and complain for no reason.

Remembrance weekend to remember (wey!) for me this year as I am on parade for the Lord Mayors Show in London.

Give this man an Ashley Out flag.

I sporadically have worn one. My great granddad fought at Passchendaele so it means something personal to me, especially last year as it was 100 years since the battle. Will probably wear one this year for the 100 years since the end of the Great War. Helps also being a history fanatic.

No problems whatsoever with people not wearing one or wearing it. The debate over is it tedious.