FA

Stifler

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but always held back, but these guys are the biggest pack of bastards in the game. In the last decade or so they have been screaming blue murder about FIFA and what they have been up to, yet these cunts are worse. The way they are letting football go in this country is a disgrace.

Wembley:

Everyone told them when the old Wembley was going to be knocked down not to rebuild it. London isn't as accessible to the whole country as it's made out, it costs probably about £200 for tickets to the capital from most major cities, of course, you can book earlier but still if you fancied going to game at the last minute, you're fucked. It will probably cost you between £100-£200 a night in London for a hotel as well. Times those travel prices by 4 for an average family, add in match ticket prices and food prices and you could easily top £1,000 taking a family to watch an England game. Everyone said this when they were building it, everyone outside of London told them to not bother, if they wanted a national stadium then make it more central, or even better just share the games around, maybe give some clubs a little bit of money to develop their stadiums so they could host international games and allow more of their fans in for their games without clubs having to make big financial sacrifices (back then a stadium cost more in terms of turnover to develop or build than it does now).

Fast forward just over ten years. No one is going to England games because the prices are too high for match tickets, it costs too much and takes too long to travel, especially with less England games being on a weekend. So in order to help pay for Wembley (even though they got a shit load in government grants, and have enough money to build it a hundred times over), they have resorted to hosting NFL games, boxing matches, concerts etc. How much of this is down to them needing the income and how much is down to them wanting the income from other events is anyone's guess. However what we can say is though it's been a disaster. Despite pundits saying it's a great stadium it's not really, it has nothing on what any football fan would think of their clubs stadium. The people in London have realised that if they go to watch Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc then they will be seeing better players, in a better atmosphere, with plenty of games to choose from. Those outside of London find it quicker, cheaper etc to hop on to a plane to Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Munich, Dortmund etc to again see better players, better teams, in better atmosphere's.

So recently we have been hit with the sale/no sale farce of the stadium. The FA have tried to justify it by saying selling Wembley would allow for money to be spent into grass routes of the game. That is after the money via various grants have been paid back, the other debt costs have been paid back, and the consultations fee's to some FA executive has all been paid. All in all, it would allow the FA to invest about £100m into grass routes football,............ over the next 20 years (where the FA's income over the next 20 years is going, no one fucking knows).

Of course, the sale is now off, but we all know this is part of the plan and it's all geared to butter the fans up and make them think the FA are getting a good deal and the football fans will benefit massively from the sale. :lol:

It also has nothing to do with how building the damn thing is the first place was a disaster that everyone warned them about.

Fragmentation of the football organisations:

The FA have played a bastard blinder here, helped by the natural greed of other of course, but fuck me, this is their masterstroke.

So say you have a problem with something in football, you would think you'd go to the FA about it right? Nah that's not right. You have a problem with a referee of the match official, then you have to go to their organisation who will no doubt tell you it's an FA problem who will then tell you it's a referee association problem. Have a problem with a football club, well if you go to the Premier League or EFL, or local FA they will deal with it by telling you to go to the FA who will tell you to go back to them. You even have a problem where the problem arose when a club was a member of 1 organisation then joined another through promotion or relegation which complicates things even more.

Have a problem with football? You would have thought the FA would say 'We are the leading football authority, we'll deal with it'. Instead, they fuck you off. So now we have shit officiating in the game because it's no one's problem, and clubs left right and centre are flouting rules and acting like a pack of bastards and they are getting away with it because no one is actually in control, they all say they are but when requested they do fuck all. The only time these guys own up to their ownership responsibilities is when a sponsorship deal comes along and money can be made to line their pockets.

So now you have clubs being run by cunts, and they are doing fuck all about it. You have us ran by Ashley who has actively said he's not willing to compete in competitions amongst other things, but that's ok because he owns Sports Direct and possibly sells the most England shirt in the UK/World for them. You have clubs like Coventry who's owners have had them play home games 50 miles away because they would rather not pay rent for their stadium. You have Portsmouth who was allowed to be run by cunt after cunt who nearly went out of the football league less than 5 years after winning the FA Cup and being in the Premier League. Aye ok so a club can fall down the leagues, but at least allow it to be on merit rather than poor ownership. Jesus, look at what's happened to Blackpool, how have their owners never been pulled up and are declared fit and proper?

We are about 15 years from the Wimbledon/MK Dons farce. Afterwards, the FA said it would never be allowed to happen again, a club needed its identity. Well, these pack of bastards stood by and let Cardiff's owner try and change the clubs colours. It was only because of fan pressure that they managed to grow some balls to prevent Hull's owners from changing their name to an American sports team knockoff name.

It gets worse though, look at the FFP rules they have. A club genuinely has a bad time financially, goes into administration, well they slap on a huge fine (how are they supposed to pay that) and are given points deductions to make their situation worse.

A club flouts the FFP rules and wins the gamble, they give them a nominal fine which is easily paid off (Leicester).

Of course, this is all more complicated because it's not the FA doing this, it's the other authorities (Premier League, EFL) and therefore it's not an FA problem.

Grassroots:

Ha, fucking hell, this has to be the biggest joke ever.

So the FA in recent years has finally realised that they need to be involved in developing players. Now they look at France's success with their academy system, and they learned lessons from Wembley about London not being the centre of the world and they built 1 academy in the middle of the country. That's all they did, in fact, this academy isn't as accessible as they would like you to believe, fucking hell the place has 2 hotels for visitors because it's that fucking far away from anything.

They have literally taken an idea and bastardised it. France when they set out to win the world cup built 1 of these academies in every region of France, not 1 for the nation. So now you have 1 academy that serves the 0.0001% of the football players who are good enough and lucky enough to earn a place at the academy, and for any school that can afford to take their children for 1 session. So for the rest of the country who want to develop their skills, become coaches, managers, or a match official, well good fucking luck.

So apart from this 1 academy when was the last time you heard of the FA (or any of our other football authorities) investing in new football facilities? Fuck me it was only a few years ago Mars were the ones being the biggest investors, and they have fucked up football development in this country by making a large percentage of us obese due to their chocolate.

If you want to play football in this country and don't want to risk not being able to get onto the park pitch filled with more broken glass than grass, then you likely go to one of the private (none FA affiliated) football facilities, or to your local council run leisure centre football facilities.

In the 50's Brazil were leading the world with their skills they developed due to close control ball skills that they learnt on the beaches and on neighbourhood basketball courts, and more recently Spain have expanded on this and dominated world football at international level, and Germany have developed technology for players to learn the ability to see and make a pass in 1 move. So nearly 70 years on from when Brazil started changing the way the world played the game we have done fuck all, Where are our footsal pitches on our beaches? where our FA funded 5-aside pitches? The same place as the rest of our regional academies, nowhere that's fucking where.

The FA has never been interested in developing players, the reason being that back in the day a player could learn the skills he needed by kicking a can around in a back alley, and now that's not enough it's ok because we can bring some youngster in from a different country who has the skills, let him stay at a random club for a few years then pass him off as English.

Fuck me, if Huddersfield can reach the big time of the Premeir League and immdeiatly sack off their academy because it's easier to just buy players and Newcastle United can sack off their young academy in whats is arguably the football hotbed of the region and the FA won't step up, then what chance do we have?

Want to become a referee or match official? Ok, what you need to do is go down to your local FA centre, pay a load of money then we'll let you referee at the lowest levels. If you want to referee or match official at the top level, well not only do we need all your money, but you also need to know someone who can get you in. Becoming a professional match official in this country is like becoming an F1 driver, you need to have a lot of money, to know someone high up, and be a natural born cunt.

Want to become a coach or manager?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if you have lots of money we can take that off you, put you on a course, then tell you to fuck off (you may or may not be able to do a part-time role at non-league level). That is unless you used to be a professional football player then we'll make sure theirs a job for you.

So where do the FA invest in at the grassroots level? You certainly can't find a facility they have funded, and if you can you'll probably not be able to use it. We know their income isn't going into saving clubs who come across tough times. We know they didn't really pay for Wembley with their own money. So where the fuck is the FA's money going? That's the beauty though, with the Premier League, and EFL it's easy for them to turn around and say they have no money or whatever money is going around in football isn't theirs.

Of course, we know it's a lie/con, but we don't know where it's being spent. My opinion is that with so much money going around in the game now, the FA should be investing at least 50% of their income in grass routes football. The rest of the money should be saved for helping clubs progress off the field.

Summary:

The FA really tire me, they claim they are in charge of football in this country, that is until you ask them to do something or ask them where the money is, and all of a sudden they are nowhere to be seen. Clubs are being run into the ground by cunts, fans are having their eyes ripped out to go to games, buy merchandise, watch it on TV, or even play it, yet they are nowhere to be found. The quality of football players, coaches, managers and match officials is getting worse yet they are nowhere to be found.

the game is becoming more American. I think in future we'll probably see a case where only the very best get a place at an academy, like an American football scholarship in America. Becoming a coach or manager is only for the retired players, and becoming a matchday official is only for the rich and connected. If things keep going the way they are then I don't see a future for non-league football clubs. Many football clubs within the league will fold as well, and we'll have a closed league system. Because their fewer clubs, we'll have to pay more to season tickets, match day tickets will cost hundreds, and even sports TV subscriptions will become very expensive. It's what the FA want, more money, less responsibility.                 

Their lack of investigation into paedophilia in football is alarming.

Just another to the list though.

They were told of a problem, instead of trying to do something they did fuck all, very much like the Catholic church did, then all of a sudden just like the Catholic church it goes from 1 or 2 bad apples to a breeding ground for paedophiles. When they were told the problem is getting worse they did fuck all. 'Is the money coming to football? Yes, what's the problem then?' was their attitude.

Cracking post and I think a lot of parallels can be draw with major league baseball as this quote describes -

The distance between the have’s and have not’s is too great in baseball.  Many small market teams struggle to compete with the big boys, but then how do you explain the Twins and the Rays?  There are always exceptions to the rule and a well run organization, regardless of payroll, can make annual noise in the pennant push.  Some can even make the argument that the skyrocketing payroll of the Yankees and Red Sox have created villains to root against, and that a good heel can be good for business.

The game’s too slow for today’s generation of EASports gamers and anytime highlight watchers but with today’s generation not having live games as easily accessible as years past, how can you really tell.  Maybe if more families could afford to go to the games and take in the sights, sounds, and the smells of a live game, then maybe more kids would attach themselves to a team.

Attendance is dwindling around the league and the prices to see the games are still going up.  I guess that’s one way to run a business.  But wouldn’t making prices more affordable for the average American family be a more effective way to grow the sport?  And growing the sport should be on the mind of MLB and all the owners.  Their product is dying a slow death, and unless they can find a way to tap into a younger market the ratings will continue to plummet.

I had a feeling Wembley was in the wrong hands, the first time I worked there. First play-off semi at new Wembley. Derby v West Brom, I think. Anyway I was working in a restaurant with 6000 guests. We put 6 bottles of wine on each of the 600 tables and open the doors. Within about 2 mins we have two queues at the bar, approx. 4-5000 men wanting pints of lager, and TWO Carlsberg pumps.

I had a feeling Wembley was in the wrong hands, the first time I worked there. First play-off semi at new Wembley. Derby v West Brom, I think. Anyway I was working in a restaurant with 6000 guests. We put 6 bottles of wine on each of the 600 tables and open the doors. Within about 2 mins we have two queues at the bar, approx. 4-5000 men wanting pints of lager, and TWO Carlsberg pumps.

Ha Ha I read that post and then looked at your avatar

Their lack of investigation into paedophilia in football is alarming.

Just another to the list though.

They were told of a problem, instead of trying to do something they did f*** all, very much like the Catholic church did, then all of a sudden just like the Catholic church it goes from 1 or 2 bad apples to a breeding ground for paedophiles. When they were told the problem is getting worse they did f*** all. 'Is the money coming to football? Yes, what's the problem then?' was their attitude.

And when they are told the problem is getting worse and do f*** all, you have to ask the question, are they also in on it.

Look at power all over the world, nonces are all over it.

One of the most entertaining posts I’ve read in a while. Some really good points backed up by total bollocks and classic stiflerisms. It’s like HTT on mushies.

Not really total bollocks though is it?

How many people think the FA is doing a good job?

How many people think some of the issues I have raised are issues?

Aye I might be off on the cause of some points, but in my opinion, a lot of the concerns I raise are valid.

Of course, the object of this thread is to actually discuss the problems of the FA, discuss what are problems, what isn't, and what the causes and solutions are. You are free to do all of that instead of just saying what I have said is bollocks.

BBC 5 live said the deal to buy the stadium broke down because the 127 members of the FA council couldn't agree where to meet.

One of the most entertaining posts I’ve read in a while. Some really good points backed up by total bollocks and classic stiflerisms. It’s like HTT on mushies.

Not really total bollocks though is it?

How many people think the FA is doing a good job?

How many people think some of the issues I have raised are issues?

Aye I might be off on the cause of some points, but in my opinion, a lot of the concerns I raise are valid.

Of course, the object of this thread is to actually discuss the problems of the FA, discuss what are problems, what isn't, and what the causes and solutions are. You are free to do all of that instead of just saying what I have said is bollocks.

I’m agreeing with you. It’s good you’re passionate about it but using half truths to back up valid points isn’t needed.

Also, they’re no way worse than FIFA. Second sentence. No fucking way.

• 1 month later...
Guest neesy111

I take your FA and raise you a PFA.

Now that really is a corrupt institution.

See the chairman of the PFA has actively called for Gordon Taylor to step down.