Centre Back Options

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Feel free to delete if inappropriate but for the first time in my life-time we have a set of centre-backs that are generally class and that any of them could come in and do a job, even Clark to a degree.

So I was just curious who people would pick as first choice CB's? Personally on ability id go Fernandez and Lejeune, but Lascelles offers a lot more other then being a CB so would probably start him, alongside Lejeune.

Lejeune and Fernandez I would like to see. Not sure about the lack of pace though.

I think the depth and experience will be a blessing for lascelles he needs a bit of time off the pitch imo. He has had a ton of pressure on his shoulders and while being the captain has certainly added to his game it has also taken away a bit of time to learn without such pressure.

It's unbelievable the options we've managed to gather at this position when the manager has been given no money. Quite mind blowing really. Rafa is ridiculous.

Think about some of the sums that were flying around for centre backs this summer just gone, and I genuinely can't think of any that have made a great impact.

Really pray we somehow keep Rafa man. The guy is something else.

I think people are unnecessarily harsh about Clark man. The guy is a magnificent option as our 5th best centre back.

He works hard and is a good, honest defender that has stepped in and not disgraced himself numerous times.

Not really fussed which two are first choice tbh, it's the first time in eons I've felt comfortable about picking any two from four centre backs. Even in our CL heydays under SBR we had Titus Bramble if we were lucky and Andy O'Brien if we weren't.

Not really fussed which two are first choice tbh, it's the first time in eons I've felt comfortable about picking any two from four centre backs. Even in our CL heydays under SBR we had Titus Bramble if we were lucky and Andy O'Brien if we weren't.

It's more about the manager than the players.

It's both. Even with SBR our results were significantly better when Woodgate was fit....which wasn't that often.

It's both. Even with SBR our results were significantly better when Woodgate was fit....which wasn't that often.

Well, yeah, that's what I mean. With Rafa we're less dependent on individual defenders thanks to tactics/organisation.