US Politics & The Stupid Dipsh*ts Responsible For The State Of It

The "he's faking it for sympathy/polling" angle is a bad one IMO because it's literally only his base that would feel sorry for him - or think him a tough guy for beating it - and they were already voting/polling for him in the first place. Means nowt.

Maybe he's not campaigning for more voters but is just trying to further entrench the ones he already has, ready to have them fight for him when he refuses to step down.

The "he's faking it for sympathy/polling" angle is a bad one IMO because it's literally only his base that would feel sorry for him - or think him a tough guy for beating it - and they were already voting/polling for him in the first place. Means nowt.

Maybe he's not campaigning for more voters but is just trying to further entrench the ones he already has, ready to have them fight for him when he refuses to step down.

I'm just saying, occam's razor and all that :

A) He's an idiot who has been surrounded by other idiots not following safety protocol and finally his luck ran out.

B) He and/or his team have engineered a fake story for dubious and uncertain purposes that aren't even guaranteed to work and that requires multiple dozens of people cooperating and staying silent for it not to come crashing down

It's A, lads. Unless you're also into moon landing denial in which case B might seem more appealing.

A) He's an idiot who has been surrounded by other idiots not following safety protocol and finally his luck ran out.

B) He and/or his team have engineered a fake story for dubious and uncertain purposes that aren't even guaranteed to work and that requires multiple dozens of people cooperating and staying silent for it not to come crashing down

It's A, lads. Unless you're also into moon landing denial in which case B might seem more appealing.

Fair point  :lol:

It could be an excuse to miss the rest of the debates, without looking weak to his deluded, snowflake, little-boys/big guns followers?

We're quick to laugh at the Q mob but it continues to surprise me just how many people on all sides go directly to conspiracy theory in reaction to anything.

Could this just be a way to get out of the next debate and return as a victorious survivor, proving how COVID isn’t a big deal?

#tinfoilhat

We're quick to laugh at the Q mob but it continues to surprise me just how many people on all sides go directly to conspiracy theory in reaction to anything.

Do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility, based on what we hear out of Trump's mouth every day, that he would pull a stunt like this. I don't know, I think it's exactly the kind of thing he would do in an effort to delay / further discredit the election. But 4 years of Trump / Brexit / Boris etc has made me as cynical as they come.

Don't think it's particularly a conspiracy if you know for a fact that everyone in the administration are pathological liars.

That said, if he does have it, it's serves himself fucking right. Bellend.

It's almost as if both sides were in on it.

The JFK assassination and Watergate still loom large over American politics, and I think that conspiratorial bent has always been there, but with the capacity for social media to disseminate and elaborate specific conspiracy theories and the conspiratorial and mendacious nature of Trump's presidency, I think everyone is especially susceptible right now. I don't doubt that he has coronavirus, but it humanises him a bit and I think everyone's expecting shenanigans in the run-up to the election.

Do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility, based on what we hear out of Trump's mouth every day, that he would pull a stunt like this. I don't know, I think it's exactly the kind of thing he would do in an effort to delay / further discredit the election. But 4 years of Trump / Brexit / Boris etc has made me as cynical as they come.

Don't think it's particularly a conspiracy if you know for a fact that everyone in the administration are pathological liars.

You know that all this hasn't kicked off just based on his tweet right? Like he's not a kid at school faking sick right before a test to get out of it.

There are thousands of better, less-immediately-disprovable, less complicated ways for them to delay the debates and/or election than choosing this route.

You know that all this hasn't kicked off just based on his tweet right? Like he's not a kid at school faking sick right before a test to get out of it.

There are thousands of better, less-immediately-disprovable, less complicated ways for them to delay the debates and/or election than choosing this route.

I don't think I'm remotely alone at not trusting anything that comes from his or the administrations mouth, and I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them... it was only a few weeks ago they were ordering the removal of post boxes to discredit postal voting. So I will take it with a pinch of salt. If he has it, it's his own fault. If he doesn't, it wouldn't be surprising.

I don't think I'm remotely alone at not trusting anything that comes from his or the administrations mouth, and I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them... it was only a few weeks ago they were ordering the removal of post boxes to discredit postal voting. So I will take it with a pinch of salt. If he has it, it's his own fault. If he doesn't, it wouldn't be surprising.

Gonna have to ask you to pick a side here and not couch it in pinches of salts. Hoax or no?