Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - 26/11/18 - post match relief p23 onwards

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Surprised when I looked up Ginola's record to see that he only scored seven goals for us. Would be interested to know how many assists he got in those 2 seasons though, must have been a fair few?

12 in the league. 8 in 95/96 and 4 in 96/97. He was basically a 1 in 3 player with goals and assists.

We bought Shearer for a world record fee like. :lol: Maybe after that, but it didn't need any wholesale changes. Imagine KK bringing in Given, Solano and others to strengthen us and pushing on. The money was still there for the most part until Hall then Shepherd left, so maybe we wouldn't have gone and broken the world record again, but we still had good money to spend on players that KK would have been after and would have strengthened us.

We bought Shearer for a world record fee then the next window what happened ?Then Ferdinand was sold the following summer to start balancing the books.

Another point worth making, I reckon, is that time does wonders for players. Ginola was basically my hero when I was 11, but him being dropped by Dalglish was defended at the time by people that thought he was defensively lazy, he was booed when he came back with Spurs, and yet now it's generally accepted that he was absolutely fucking mint.

The same thing happened with Robert, again who's now rightly seen as a brilliant player for us, and IMO the same thing will eventually happen with Ben Arfa.

Ginola was a fairly big bloke for a winger, he wasn't easy to knock off the ball. I think he was quite similar to Ben Arfa in many ways, he was also slightly prone to overplaying it, but like Hatem, he could absolutely destroy the opposition single-handedly as well.

Guest firetotheworks

We bought Shearer for a world record fee like. :lol: Maybe after that, but it didn't need any wholesale changes. Imagine KK bringing in Given, Solano and others to strengthen us and pushing on. The money was still there for the most part until Hall then Shepherd left, so maybe we wouldn't have gone and broken the world record again, but we still had good money to spend on players that KK would have been after and would have strengthened us.

We bought Shearer for a world record fee then the next window what happened ?Then Ferdinand was sold the following summer to start balancing the books.

You do the math...s.

https://www.nufc.com/2018-19html/transfers-dalglish.html