Newcastle United 0-3 West Ham United (HT) 1/12/18 - Post match pejoratives p13

Super Duper Branko Strupar

A silly defeat, especially considering all that effort we put in for a good goal difference.

Expected something from today and we were just completely impotent. I still don't get the point of Ayoze Perez and it'd be nice if we could con somebody into taking him in January.

Who will we play then?

Anyone, anything.

We don't have any decent strikers on our books, even last week the goals came from a defender and one of the Burnley players.

100% Rafa's fault today, I agree with most people about the change of formation having a negative effect and Clark did not deserve to be dropped after Mondays performance, Richie got hooked again when Perez was terrible and Diame was very poor. The last 10 minutes should be us pushing forward looking for a goal but we just looked lacklustre and accepted defeat 

Those Astropay adverts are really fucking annoying and probably dangerous to people with epilepsy. How can someone be allowed to strobe flickering banners right around the edge of the pitch?

Aye totally agree

I think it’s been said before. This sums up Ashley’s reign. Our team was arguably better in the first half, their team didn’t look anything special on paper. The thing is though they have a few players who they paid a little more for who can edge out games and have enough quality on the bench to have suitable back up. We have holes in our squad, and our bench is largely filled with players who are more use as a seat warmer than a player. If Rafa was backed even slightly then he would have assembled a squad who would have put West Ham to the sword today.

I'm always confused when he hooks Ritchie for Atsu, Atsu has been shite for a while and doesn't even work hard imo.

Lack of options and Ritchie is never fit enough to see a game out.

Yet he ran his arse off playing out of position against Burnley and played the whole game. Can't say I buy that like.

I'm always confused when he hooks Ritchie for Atsu, Atsu has been shite for a while and doesn't even work hard imo.

Yet he ran his arse off playing out of position against Burnley and played the whole game. Can't say I buy that like.

He usually starts flagging around 60-70 minutes. I guess the game was already lost as well and it would be wise to take him off with 2 more games this week.

He usually starts flagging around 60-70 minutes. I guess the game was already lost as well and it would be wise to take him off with 2 more games this week.

He misses the next game anyway due to Yellow cards, the game was far from lost at that point tbh. The only reason I can come up with is Rafa was worried he would get sent off.

Rafa's fault for this one. Starting Manquillo, changing from 3 at the back and bringing Atsu on for Ritchie. We didn't stand a chance with shit decisions like that. Fuming.

I presume you aren't really fuming, because nobody in their right mind gives a fuck about Mike Ashley's NUFC.

Can't help but think this was orchestrated by Rafa himself. Game plan was completely different from Rafa's style since day one, even when we were in the Championship. We just went for it and left ourselves open at the back so many times, which simply issnt Rafa's game. I couldnt believe what I was seeing really, 59% possession ffs! Knowing Rafa's meticulous and pragmatic ways he must know of the threat that West Ham poses and to set us up playing this openly can only end one way. Seems very much like Rafa's way of proving his point, hence his comments post game,ie they spent so much money on players, we couldnt match them individually and thats why we lost today. Was refreshing to see us go all gungho again but it exposed the limitations of the squad and the current set of players. 100% premeditated in my books.

Add: If Rafa believed we would win playing this way he would've kept Mitro. Might have scored a few had some of the Perez chances fell to him.

They were good from the off and although we did ok first half they were always better.

Manquillo at left back is a disaster though I actually feel sorry for the kid. He's probably ok as right back cover but at left back he's hung out to dry and the defence looks unbalanced and vulnerable.

They were good from the off and although we did ok first half they were always better.

Manquillo at left back is a disaster though I actually feel sorry for the kid. He's probably ok as right back cover but at left back he's hung out to dry and the defence looks unbalanced and vulnerable.

Pretty fair assessment.

Was one of those where every time they went forward I was thinking they would score. Our line was high and they carved us apart at will with fairly simple along the ground through balls. Hoping we return to our usual solidity against Everton.

Pretty fair assessment.

Was one of those where every time they went forward I was thinking they would score. Our line was high and they carved us apart at will with fairly simple along the ground through balls. Hoping we return to our usual solidity against Everton.

Me too. But without a left back I fear for our solidity.

Pretty fair assessment.

Me too. But without a left back I fear for our solidity.

Interested to see what Rafa does. You would think Clark back in to play 3 (5) at the back again, but with Ritchie out he would need to do some shuffling around still.

Manquillo giving the ball away for the third was one of those “He’ll never play again” moments - or it would be at a club where a shite RB isn’t the only cover at LB. He wasn’t too bad before that, but such a shockingly stupid pass - I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Well to top off this game, the lack of a protest i crashed my fucking car on redheugh bridge driving back home. What a fucking terrible day. I blame ashely entirely.

Oof. Hope you’re ok mate.

Watching MotD we don't appear to have been that bad. No quality in attack, as usual.

Dubravka didn't do particularly well on the second and third goals.

I was there today. The scoreline doesn’t really tell the story imo. They took their chances well and we didn’t. Was fairly even until 0-2 then the heads went down and it was all over.

Guest neesy111

Watching MotD we don't appear to have been that bad. No quality in attack, as usual.

Dubravka didn't do particularly well on the second and third goals.

First half we were ok, 2nd half pretty terrible.