Miguel Almirón

Deuce

26 minutes ago, Nattfare said:

Clearly he is just another lazy South American, not a proper British hardman (like Shelvey) who puts in 150%, like all true British players are.

:lol: It's so obvious. 

Fuck me, man. 
I think I've gone beyond just being ambivalent towards NUFC and football in general to completely hating it and everyone connected to it.

Paul fucking Robinson, man. Useless cunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Love his attitude, he does the running of two players, but my god, he makes hard work of scoring goals. Wasted some great positions today, and that is probably why he's here and not at a much better club. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Love his attitude, he does the running of two players, but my god, he makes hard work of scoring goals. Wasted some great positions today, and that is probably why he's here and not at a much better club. 

It’s exactly the reason

• 3 weeks later...

4th goal last night was the sort of thing that was happening with Almiron in his first 6 months or so when everyone was hammering him with the ‘no goals or assists’ bollocks. Doesn’t go down officially as an assist, but it was really.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Player of the season for me. Helped us grind out the points before we started looking like a team 3 weeks ago. If Bruce didn't have someone to run the ball 60 yards from defence to Big Jow 10 times a game, he'd have been knackered.

And even when Miggy's shite he's a 6/10 just because of his workrate.

6 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

The through ball he played on Friday v Leicester confirms for me that he needs to be a number 10 with ASM on the left with A.N. Other on the right in a 4231. 

I’d still like to see a fully fit Fraser. Get a better version of Hayden to partner Willock in the middle.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’d still like to see a fully fit Fraser. Get a better version of Hayden to partner Willock in the middle.

Agree with Willock and upgraded Hayden but I've pretty much given up on Fraser. I don't feel he want's to be here.

Lad is a grafter who has bundles of talent. Intelligent for the most part in his play (occasional wrong decisions but everyone will do that in games from time to time) and displays a real team based work ethic.

Top ball for the goal on Friday: sumptuous.

I was watching Sterling yesterday and he loses the ball as much as Miggy does. Even though he's clearly a better player and has better players around him.

Edited by Nepharite

Almirón is under rated I believe. He does a lot of tracking back, undoubtedly the most of our midfield/forwards, and possibly more than a lot of our defenders.

He’ll make runs that go unnoticed by a lot of our players, but he’ll also make runs that stretches our opposition, I think the problem now is our opposition knows that our players won’t see his runs and pass to him so track him a bit less than they used too.

He is massively unlucky in terms of missing out on things like assists. The other day he never got the assist for Wilson’s 2nd even though he should have. He’ll also often do a lot of the work, make the key pass etc before another player does the simple layoff and gets the assist.

Too many in the media and now in our fan base are looking at his goal tally and saying he’s not that good. A find a lot of our fans saying they would sacrifice him for Willock, not realising that they play in a different position, and most importantly that the player Willock should be replacing us Shelvey.

Edited by Stifler

5 hours ago, Nepharite said:

I was watching Sterling yesterday and he loses the ball as much as Miggy does. Even though he's clearly a better player and has better players around him.

Personally I have never had any issue with Almiron losing the ball, he works tirelessly to win it after all. Never seen a player in our shirt work so hard in a long time. He covers every blade of grass. In a way though, this is to his detriment at the other end. If I have a criticism, it is that he doesn't provide enough of a finishing touch. Willock by contrast is very direct and attacks the box. Seems like Miggy ends up playing wing back rather than the no 10 you would think he's best suited to. 

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

He is basically covering the ineptitude and laziness or shelvey too.

The contrast when Longstaff came on for Willock on Friday was frightening. We went from looking a half decent team to absolute shit and totally open immediately. Any decent manager would have noticed this and why that midfield pairing is a massive issue (mind it's been obvious the last few weeks), however he is not a decent manager. It was laughable how much weaker the team was with one single subsitution.

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

The contrast when Longstaff came on for Willock on Friday was frightening. We went from looking a half decent team to absolute shit and totally open immediately. Any decent manager would have noticed this and why that midfield pairing is a massive issue (mind it's been obvious the last few weeks), however he is not a decent manager. It was laughable how much weaker the team was with one single subsitution.

Yeah. Took our engine out completely; Willock's enthusiasm, pace and pressing was replaced with Longstaff and Hendrick, which coincided with us conceding the 2 goals and being under pressure for the last 10. Was the difference between winning 2-4 and winning 0-4 or 0-5 which is what we deserved.

Whilst I’m not disagreeing with the comments, cmon.. stop being such miserable cunts 😂 it’s a good win that none of thought we were getting. Just be happy with it.

The season is almost over and hopefully we can look forward to our decent players like Almiron being utilised a bit better next season.

The midfield is a known quantity. It needs replacing. (Longstaffs, Shelvey, Hayden & Hendrick)

We do that and we might even have a good season despite Bruce if he’s still here. At the end of the day, the takeover is all that matters really.