Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Have a soft spot for him but if he's not going to play in a #10, which is a position we don't play with, then he shouldn't play at all. So I'd cash in tbh. No one's stumping up that fee, mind. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

He's been an absolutely terrible signing. 

I’d say he’s been massively underwhelming, after a bright start under Rafa. I wouldn’t say he’s been a terrible signing, there have been far worse, too many really. He’s a likeable player, works hard, but just doesn’t have the quality really. If we could get 5-8m from someone in the summer or even this window, we will have done well!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d say he’s been massively underwhelming, after a bright start under Rafa. I wouldn’t say he’s been a terrible signing, there have been far worse, too many really. He’s a likeable player, works hard, but just doesn’t have the quality really. If we could get 5-8m from someone in the summer or even this window, we will have done well!

His "bright start" was basically him being enthusiastic. He's been largely terrible. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

His "bright start" was basically him being enthusiastic. He's been largely terrible. 

It was starting to click towards the end of Rafa’s time, but we’ve since seen, I don’t think he has the attacking nous and it’s shown with some pretty sterile performances, I don’t mind a player working hard, but he’s doing it to compensate for aspects of his game that he just can’t manage now. I’d get rid definitely. 

8 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Pretty sure we said the same about Joselu.

Not me tbf, I didn't rate Joselu's goal hunting instincts, but I thought he could finish when he did find himself with an opportunity. Not exactly clinical, but a lot better than Almiron. 

He wasn't terrible at all under Rafa. :rolleyes: Him entering the team basically converted that season into one where we were looking over our shoulder to one where we were looking forward. He was critical in games like the Everton one where we turned it around in the second half, despite not scoring our assisting himself. 

Definitely needs to leave mind cos he's totally lost the plot now and doesn't have a position. For his sake he should've left when Rafa did. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He wasn't terrible at all under Rafa. :rolleyes: Him entering the team basically converted that season into one where we were looking over our shoulder to one where we were looking forward. He was critical in games like the Everton one where we turned it around in the second half, despite not scoring our assisting himself. 

Definitely needs to leave mind cos he's totally lost the plot now and doesn't have a position. For his sake he should've left when Rafa did. 

:thup: He's a number 10, in the right setup I think there is still a valuable player there. Far more useful in that role than ASM or any other player in our squad. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes on to do really well somewhere else. How many games has he played centrally behind a decent striker in a functioning team? Almost never. 

That doesn't affect his end product though, if he's playing anywhere across the front line he should be able to pick an incisive pass or hit a decent shot. 

Could quite easily go the way of someone like Thauvin. A move to a France or Spain and he'll do well I think. Just hasn't worked here. Looked exciting when he arrived but has gone downhill alot in the last 12 months.