Miguel Almirón

Deuce

The next few months are massive for him. He hasn’t progressed in any regard since we signed him. If he can’t elbow his way into the team between now and the end of the season and we manage to stay up then get rid.

I just think his confidence and belief in himself are shattered.  Even though he helped open things up for Ayoze and Rondon the goals never came.  Then he got shifted to the right for ASM and the goals never came.  Then as Bruce's no tactics approach flourished he was playing deeper and deeper and, of course, the goals never came.  And not just goals, as we know, assists have been hard to come by as well.  I really think the best thing for Miggy and his career is to ship him out in the summer.  He needs a fresh start somewhere else, maybe some place in a second tier expected to push for promotion.  I don't know what he is any more.

18 hours ago, Krabbe2 said:

Not that money is the biggest problem anymore, but if we manage to get 15-20 million for Almiron and get Raphinha for 50 million it is good business.

Bahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahaha........

13 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think HTT made the mistake once, didn't back down and now refers to all of Spanish-speaking Latin America as Mexico. (I'm sure he detailed his criteria for Mexico at some point - e.g. that has to be Spanish Speaking & in Americas).

It wasn’t, it was that gobshite Lee Ryder when we signed Almiron saying he joins the other two South American’s in Perez and Rondon. Anyway they all look the same those Mexicans…

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He just doesn’t seem to have a clear role. I don’t know where you would play him. 

I like him and I want to see him do well, but I don’t know how he fits in. 

As a sub playing behind Wood maybe, would give that a try now and then. 

He does, as a No 10, a shit one.

Just hope he's developing a better awareness and he's working on his other weaknesses during this period out of limelight. 

If he could show just a little of the improvement other's have since Howe's appointment he'd be a useful squad member. 

Fingers crossed otherwise I can see him leaving in the summer. 

I think he's a decent player, just got screwed over by being signed by Rafa to play in a system that no longer exists and with players who have been sold. 

I'd like to think he can contribute, but the ship might have sailed now.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

30 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I will die on this hill. The idea he's just a headless chicken is an insult to the lad. 

If he was 23 or 24 fair enough, I'd give him more time to develop or adapt to a certain system, but he's 28 and should be in his prime now. He's just not good enough.

Guest reefatoon
On 11/02/2022 at 07:09, christ said:

The next few months are massive for him. He hasn’t progressed in any regard since we signed him. If he can’t elbow his way into the team between now and the end of the season and we manage to stay up then get rid.

Aye, he’ll be massively upgraded in the summer and won’t get anywhere near the team. Let him move on in the summer.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah he clearly just doesn't fit into this 4-3-3 in any way. Even off the bench tbh.

He would if he had any end product. Forwards are measured by goals and assists at the end of the day, and he just doesn't produce enough of either.

Think he'll just be struggling to grasp the system where as someone like Fraser knows what he's meant to be doing. Almiron can run all day which in theory fits, but Howe probably doesn't trust him to press the way he wants etc. Someone paying more attention than me will know exactly what Howe's system is like, and what kind of press we're using.

We'll see more of him before the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Think he'll just be struggling to grasp the system where as someone like Fraser knows what he's meant to be doing. Almiron can run all day which in theory fits, but Howe probably doesn't trust him to press the way he wants etc. Someone paying more attention than me will know exactly what Howe's system is like, and what kind of press we're using.

We'll see more of him before the end of the season.

Howe’s system just doesn’t support the position which Almiron succeeds in (No. 10 role), unfortunately. 

Off the ball he's a perfect understudy to Fraser but the problem is, from memory (I mean, tbh, the last time I watched Miggy play several games in a row was under Rafa) - he can't do shit from the right-hand side when we're in possession. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he's a decent player, just got screwed over by being signed by Rafa to play in a system that no longer exists and with players who have been sold. 

I'd like to think he can contribute, but the ship might have sailed now.

This absolutely nails it as far as Miggy is concerned. For his sake I wish he'd stuck a transfer request in the moment Bruce was appointed, or at least during that first season. It was clear as day that he was effectively finished here as soon as we replaced Rafa, Rondon and Perez with Bruce, Joelinton and Saint-Maximin.

He's served his purpose and had his purple patch. Even on his best day this lad is at best a lower half Premier League quality player. 

I don't dislike him but I do not see him being involved in any shape or form as a significant improvement if we are to make massive strides next year rather than a slow build to European places. He has been crap for a good while unfortunately whoever or whatever's fault.