Miguel Almirón

Deuce

22 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Contender? Gotta be nailed on and a contender for goal of the season, surely? It was absolutely outrageous :lol:

Maybe I'm over-egging it due to the sheer surprise but it was a proper worldie.

The finish was unbelievable, but the fact the movement and the one two with Bruno were also class means it’s a definite goal of the season contender 

44 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Contender? Gotta be nailed on and a contender for goal of the season, surely? It was absolutely outrageous :lol:

Maybe I'm over-egging it due to the sheer surprise but it was a proper worldie.

Probably, I'm just aware of it only being the 1st of October :lol:

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

ASM does this and nobody expects him to do it again for another 5 games.

Thats the problem with our wide players. They have 1 good and another 10 of nothing. Almiron scored 1 goal last season. Thats why people are writing he cant score or assist. Hes an attacking player. You get judged on what you deliver in attack.

6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s mental how people still don’t rate Miggy like ,sometimes wonder if people understand football at times . 

I mean his end product has been very poor for multiple seasons.

He's definitely a decent little player, but until he improves his end product (hopefully this season) he won't be good enough for us.

Anyway, brilliant today 😉

His stats today were top drawer, especially passing accuracy, 93%+ , he was everywhere and playing with total confidence.

I think it’s fair to say his took an absolute beating in his first few seasons here and he’s come out the other side of it improved and looking hungry to give the manager a doubt whether we need to upgrade that position.

Eddie is gonna have some very tough decisions to make when everyone is fit.

I'm sure I saw someone on here (before todays game) say that there's no difference between Murphy & Miggy/Frazer.  Just such a strange take.  Murphy offers zero compared to Miggy, this isn't just because he's knocked in a goal of the season contender, but because it's just clearly wrong.

Gutted he didn't get that hatrick, fantastic finish for that as well. 

30 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

He's definitely a decent little player, but until he improves his end product (hopefully this season) he won't be good enough for us.

I know this isn't relevant to your quote. But same could be said for ASM for me, long term.

Ultimately though, I can tolerate the team effort of Almiron irrespective. Whereas others would rather see some exciting dribbling amount to nothing. 

For clarity, I like both and respect both, but just find peoples perceptions (not yours) peculiar at times. 

Edited by Heron

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Did very well today, well taken goals. Shame he couldn't get the hattrick, the finish for that offside goal was unreal. :lol: And I haven't seen it back, but was his 1st a bit flukey? He's never seemed the type of player to go for those volleys or half chances, was blown away that that went in standing in the away end. :lol:

I hope that he can keep up that level of performance and/or output, but I don't know how many times we've said that after he's bagged over his time here.

Not a chance. He wheels away to celebrate before it hits the net. Knew what he was doing and knew he'd executed it perfectly.

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Because 80% of people on here claim he’s never gonna score/assist 

Don’t get carried away though. Or can people bring up every time he has a poor game, as that happens more than a good game.

He was great today though! 

Guest reefatoon
51 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s mental how people still don’t rate Miggy like ,sometimes wonder if people understand football at times . 

[emoji38] It’s one game in how many? [emoji38] You can’t pull this kind of shite when they have one of their good games and then completely ignore all the other games where they do nothing. You absolute nutbar [emoji38]

43 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Ever since he started playing in an unfamiliar position that doesn't suit his stronger foot? Hmm, I wonder why.

And let's not forget 2.5 years were under Bruce when everybody was shit. He performed for Rafa, and now he's performing for Eddie.

His goal today was similar to his goal against Palace last season [if a little further forward]. The way he and Bruno link up, looks like bearing a lot of fruit but it's never going to unlock a deep defence.