Miguel Almirón

Deuce

There's a fantastic Miggy article up on the Athletic.

Incredible amount of work led by Howe has brought about this season's transformation for Miggy.

I'll re-iterate once again that we have THE best manager in the league in our dugout. Don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

29 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Villa

Fulham 1

Everton

Spurs

Fulham 2

Brentford

Quite surprising to see the Fulham 1 goal anywhere but first on the list. It's absolutely clear IMO and a contender for goal of the season.

It was both utterly outrageous and totally unique. Maybe I'm over-egging it but to me it's the type of goal even a lot of great players will only score once in a career.

Edited by Lenny

On 01/11/2022 at 00:13, Emotic said:

You know you've made it in football when you've got your own compilations video on Youtube[emoji38]. Also - he has scored with his right foot before!

:smitten: Miggy motherfucking Almiron.

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Quite surprising to see the Fulham 1 goal anywhere but first on the list. It's absolutely clear IMO and a contender for goal of the season.

It was both utterly outrageous and totally unique. Maybe I'm over-egging it but to me it's the type of goal even a lot of great players will only score once in a career.

That's absolutely my goal of the season so far.

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I know he meant it, but for me he was sort of on the stretch and he's swung a leg at it in the general direction of the goal and its happened to come off. A lot of great goals are like that in all fairness. I just preferred the Villa one where he cuts inside and rifles it past the keeper. Perfectly placed.  

3 hours ago, Emotic said:

Tell you something - Jacky Grealish has got to muster up some hidden reserves of mental fortitude to not be affected by the endless ribbing he will receive for his comments. Never heard of a backfire so profound and so delicious.

What's so gratifying is that just as Grealish's riduculing of Miggy made the national press, now the shoe's on the other foot and the whole of the football world is mocking Grealish instead. Every news article about Miggy's form is comparing his success to the absolute car crash form of the floppy haired fop we know as Jack G. :thup:

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Incredible amount of work led by Howe has brought about this season's transformation for Miggy.

I'll re-iterate once again that we have THE best manager in the league in our dugout. Don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

I read it this morning, and those were my exact thoughts on it. Even though I had more or less given up on him last year, after his pre-season exploits I did wonder if Howe had unlocked Miggy's potential with some direction and coaching.

43 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It’s a superb read!

I had totally forgotten that the useless previous clown played him as a deep lying midfielder to “carry the ball up the pitch” FFS

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I know he meant it, but for me he was sort of on the stretch and he's swung a leg at it in the general direction of the goal and its happened to come off. A lot of great goals are like that in all fairness. I just preferred the Villa one where he cuts inside and rifles it past the keeper. Perfectly placed.  

Villa one was deflected.

3 hours ago, nortoon said:

Aye if Miggy doesn't get that it's scandalous. 6 goals from the wing, 3 of them absolute stormers. 

Haaland is the only possible alternative I can see, maybe the more popular choice from a Big Six perspective, and that has to be taken into account.