Miguel Almirón

Deuce

4 minutes ago, HawK said:

In Haaland's favour, he's broken an all-time record in October of 3 back-to-back home hattricks. I'd love for Almiron to win but it's not that clear cut. Hopefully other fans love the redemption/Grealish angle to give him the edge. 

He didn't score two of those hat tricks in October though and he got player of the month in September so was already rewarded for that. Just can't see anyone but Almiron. 

28 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He didn't score two of those hat tricks in October though and he got player of the month in September so was already rewarded for that. Just can't see anyone but Almiron. 

The point remains though that he broke the record in October. 

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

September player of the month should be Rashford?

Haaland broke the record of most contribution (goals and assist) per month in October. 6+2=8 in total. That’s also listed in the EPL official candidate description.

2 hours ago, Zero said:

September player of the month should be Rashford?

Haaland broke the record of most contribution (goals and assist) per month in October. 6+2=8 in total. That’s also listed in the EPL official candidate description.

He's an out and out striker though, while he deserves to be in there, it should be Miggy taking the honours. But I agree, it probably won't. Haaland is taking the Premier by storm, most fans won't be looking past him the amount of attention he's got since he landed.

6 hours ago, HawK said:

In Haaland's favour, he's broken an all-time record in October of 3 back-to-back home hattricks. I'd love for Almiron to win but it's not that clear cut. Hopefully other fans love the redemption/Grealish angle to give him the edge. 

Only one of those hattricks actually happened in October though. 

7 hours ago, HawK said:

Scoring 3 hat tricks is indeed amazing but the fact is 2 of those were in September, he should along with all players be judged on October

In that regards Almiron had a better month, matched him for goals, not playing as a striker and in a "weaker" team. He also scored in more matches and didn't taste defeat. 

It shouldn't even be close really 

While i really want Miggy to win as he's been incredible and would love him to win as much recognition as he can, but there is a goals bias here, actually Trippier is nominated and he has been absolutely incredible this month too but never stands a chance against goal scorers...(well ok miggy does deserve it but Tripps isnt outrageous either)

Lads, come on I want Almiron to get it too lol. All I said was it's not clear cut, and that Haaland broken an all-time record in the month in question. Not sure why I'm getting all these quotes :lol:

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Lads, come on I want Almiron to get it too lol. All I said was it's not clear cut, and that Haaland broken an all-time record in the month in question. Not sure why I'm getting all these quotes :lol:

Make sure you all vote folks 👍 (another quote for you!)

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/almiron-arsenal-man-utd-transfer-25440162

Understandably, top English clubs may be interested in acquiring the services of Almiron and according to his agent Daniel Campos, several clubs have already shown interest.

Campos told ABC Cardinal: "Miguel Almiron is a footballer who went from less to more, now he is a more complete footballer.

"There was interest shown by Manchester United in Miguel Almiron but they never made an offer. Arsenal and Southampton offered loan deals for Miguel Almiron but we did not want it to be a loan."

The contract Almiron signed when he joined the Magpies from Atlanta United for a then club-record £21million, is said to include a £58million release clause and could be a useful bargaining chip with Newcastle likely to ask for considerable funds if any club were to coming knocking.

56 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/almiron-arsenal-man-utd-transfer-25440162

Understandably, top English clubs may be interested in acquiring the services of Almiron and according to his agent Daniel Campos, several clubs have already shown interest.

Campos told ABC Cardinal: "Miguel Almiron is a footballer who went from less to more, now he is a more complete footballer.

"There was interest shown by Manchester United in Miguel Almiron but they never made an offer. Arsenal and Southampton offered loan deals for Miguel Almiron but we did not want it to be a loan."

The contract Almiron signed when he joined the Magpies from Atlanta United for a then club-record £21million, is said to include a £58million release clause and could be a useful bargaining chip with Newcastle likely to ask for considerable funds if any club were to coming knocking.

It sure seems like one already has.

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

This isn't a purple patch, he'll have his own GOTM this aeason

It probably ISN'T a purple patch, you're right. This is the player we signed, the player who played in the MLS. This is exactly what we hoped he'd be when he joined, just he was Bruced for most of his time. Now Eddie's getting him back to his best and probably a bit better again.